Honored Contributor

I just saw online that The Chew won an Emmy for best informational talk show. This is the only daytime show that I won't miss, and I 'm happy that the program was recognized. The hosts are talented and seem to really get along. Any other Chew fans out there.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

was a 'Chew' fan, but feel the producers have traded this show's potential for being a great informative program for just another overly loud, celebrity publicity-seeking variety show format.

Clinton Kelly brings nothing of value or interest to the show.  I wish they would dedicate his (waste of) time slot to allow the chefs to either demonstrate recipes or "talk shop."  They could teach so much.

Strive for respect instead of attention. It lasts longer.
Trusted Contributor

I too used to be a fan; never missed it if I was off of work. But lately - eh, I don't know. Maybe I just got tired of it or maybe like Mrs. G says it's lost it's way.

I know I'm tired of Mario's laugh and look, and I haven't been inspired to try anything made on that show.

I will say though that Carla Hall is my hair hero right now. She decided to stop coloring her hair and let her grey grow out. She has insprired me to do the same.

I also saw her host a a cook-off at a local festival and she was great!

Honored Contributor

However good this show may be, it's a sorry replacement for AMC. (I'd never watch it).

Super Contributor

I had read that some of them were kind of looking down their noses at Daphne Oz, maybe out of resentment towards her or that she wasn't as "established" as some of the other hosts. Don't like that nonsense. Daphne seems nice on the show, but who knows? She seems to me to have the least ego of the bunch. She wrote her first cookbook/lifestyle book while in college. That's pretty impressive to me!

I am slowly starting to like "Home and Family" on the Hallmark Channel. No giant egos that I can see. Just the other day, Christina Ferrare  got a little choked up during a Mother's Day craft segment. Lovely and sincere. 💙

Super Contributor

@violann wrote:

However good this show may be, it's a sorry replacement for AMC. (I'd never watch it).

@violann - I dearly miss AMC too. I was devastated when I heard it was going to be replaced with a show called "The Chew"! Lol. But " The Chew" has sort of grown on me a little. I do like the energy of the show overall. 📺

Honored Contributor

@IamMrsG wrote:

was a 'Chew' fan, but feel the producers have traded this show's potential for being a great informative program for just another overly loud, celebrity publicity-seeking variety show format.

Clinton Kelly brings nothing of value or interest to the show.  I wish they would dedicate his (waste of) time slot to allow the chefs to either demonstrate recipes or "talk shop."  They could teach so much.

Craft corner is not my favorite part of the show either. However, I think Clinton's real contribution to the show is keeping all of them on track. When he is not there , it's not the same. Daphne is not my favorite, but she has grown on me.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Frequent Contributor

I attended a conference in Charleston last year, and Carla Hall was the keynote speaker. She was interesting, engaging, and very intelligent. She is the only keynote speaker I have seen who stayed around for the rest of the day, and attended the smaller breakout sessions.She sat next to us at a session and was very friendly and funny. The next day, we ran into her in a shoe store! 

Honored Contributor

I've been watching the show since it began.  

While I'm not a Daphne fan (she is just so annoying and attention-grabbing) and Mario has always rather skeeved me out, I still really like the show.   I often will FF through segments that are Daphne or Mario intensive.  I also have begun to FF through a lot of the game show bits with audience members.         There is usually plenty of show that I enjoy, though!  Smiley Happy

Initially, when Carla was first on Top Chef, she seemed a bit much but I really began to like her, as she is very sweet and 'real'.

When 'The Chew' just began I had no clue who Clinton was and wonder how he fit in, but I like him and he seems to do a good job and is likable. 

I always liked Michael Symon, since he won the first season of 'Next Iron Chef'.   He was my choice from very early on.

Respected Contributor

Why do these shows need 5 co-hosts? Even some talk shows need the 5 also. Just too many people at once. Maybe they should rotate these co-hosts. Just do 3 & next week another 3 just to switch it up.