Respected Contributor

Re: The Brittany Murphy Story

From what I've read, she suffered some medical problems after a car accident, was rumored to use drugs due to weight loss (denied), her marriage to Simon further hurt her career, yet while ill she took care of him, and her mother twice when she had breast cancer. Was afraid to seek medical attention as it might further damage her career by being labeled "sick". 

If so, terribly sad, and she hardly sounds "selfish". Yes, she was naive and childlike in some ways. Not unusual for a child actress who was very close to her mother and probably not taught to care for herself as an adult (with things such as finances). 

Something still doesn't seem right since she and her husband died young from the same thing. All three were apparently ill after returning from Puerto Rico. Just weird, and I know they looked into toxic mold again, but something was amiss. Sad. 

Honored Contributor
Respected Contributor

@Annabellethecat66  Yeah, I read that. I know there are suspicions about her mom, but doesn't really make sense to me. I've never heard anything about their relationship being strained. In fact, sounds the opposite. I'm also sure that was thoroughly investigated. 

Her Dad has made some outlandish claims, but at least he raised a stink. It's quite a mystery. 

Honored Contributor

It does seem strange that the husband and daughter both died of some strange thing!  You'd think they'd be able to figure it out in this day and age.

I watch old (1994) Law and Order and the differences (forensic) between then and now are like night and day.  Although I also read that some of the junk you see on TV isn't really possible for them to figure out.

I think I watch too much TV.  Ha!

Respected Contributor

One of her movies ("Just Married") has been airing a lot on cable lately.  She was adorable, and her death was tragic and mysterious.

Honored Contributor

She had a dance single in 2006.

Every gym played it...all.the.time.  Very upbeat.

"Faster Kill Pussycat"

https://youtu.be/gyTPfifzqjo

Respected Contributor

@birkin baby wrote:

The Lifetime movie probably was horrible. In my opinion most of those are pretty bad. But as far as Brittany Murphy goes, if she never contributed more than her roles in "Clueless" and "8 Mile" she would have given two awesome performances!  I thought she was really good in those.   She had other good roles and voiceovers.  

@birkin baby

I agree.

I think she was a good actress and Lifetime channel

movies aren't very good usually.

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Respected Contributor

I had never heard of Brittany Murphy or have seen any of her movies.  My opinion is based solely on the Lifetime movie. . .  It was truly awful.  In the movie, she died because her mother and husband failed to call 911 when she couldn't breathe.  Brittany didn't want to be taken to the hospital because "people would think she was a junkie."  The mother and husband gave her a pillow to elevate her head and some cough syrup.  She couldn't breathe and fell to the floor in the bathroom dying shortly after.

Respected Contributor

@birkin baby wrote:

The Lifetime movie probably was horrible. In my opinion most of those are pretty bad. But as far as Brittany Murphy goes, if she never contributed more than her roles in "Clueless" and "8 Mile" she would have given two awesome performances!  I thought she was really good in those.   She had other good roles and voiceovers.  

I agree.  She was also really good in "Girl, Interrupted."  

And she was a great comedic actress, even if the movie wasn't always a great success.

A sort of "sleeper" movie of hers that I LOVE is "The Ramen Girl."  Such a cute and sweet movie. 

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Honored Contributor

I was not that familiar with Brittany Murphy till after she died, which was very bizarre!  The movie was crazy, and that is putting it  mildly!  I remember pictures of her, and the girl that played her, looked nothing like her whatsoever!  I had heard that her husband played a big part in enabling her with drugs and was blamed for her death.  I cannot believe they would not take her to a Dr. or the ER, just because she said not to!  

At the end, it stated that she & her husband both died of pneumonia, among other things!