Respected Contributor

I watched the Brittany Murphy story on Lifetime last night.  What an awful movie.  The casting was bad, the story was lame, and the mother's wig looked like a Halloween costume.  I had never heard of Brittany Murphy before watching the movie.  She certainly lived a selfish and meaningless life.  Neither she, her mother, or her husband (ewww) added anything to this world during their lifetime.

Respected Contributor

Re: The Brittany Murphy Story

Didn't see the lifetime movie, but Brittney Murphy was an up and coming actress (still young when she passed)  who seemed well liked by everyone. Not sure how they portrayed her, but my impression is certainly not that she didn't contribut anything to this world. She had many, many acting credits, in some major films, and won awards. She dabbled in music and was a dancer. 

Respected Contributor

Yes she was in quite a few movies and was very talented and gifted. Such a tragedy that she died so young. I didn't watch the movie but if someone came away feeling like she didn't contribute anything to this world when she was living then that movie was truly a failure.

Honored Contributor

I saw the movie.  It was poorly made, but it gave me a greater appreciation for Brittany.  I saw some of her movies, but didn't know her background.  I liked the movies I saw.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think I saw this movie a while back and recall being equally unimpressed with the job they did on it.

On the Tivo Guide it shows only 1.5 stars (out of 4).  I guess that speaks volumes!  Smiley Wink

There was a cute little movie that she made with, I believe, Justin Timberlake that I saw not terribly long ago.  I always liked her as an actor.  She wasn't Meryl Streep, but she did some decent work.  Also, one that I think was an HBO piece many years ago about a few different women and their stories.  I cannot remember the name of it, but she was good in that.

ETA - I just Googled the last one I mentioned (Google looks different today!) and it was called 'The Dead Girl'.   I'm also not sure if it was an HBO movie or not.  I just probably saw it there.  At any rate, it was a pretty good movie.

Esteemed Contributor

I've never been able to sit through any Lifetime movie. They all seem to follow a similar formula and look like they were made on a shoestring budget. The acting leaves a great deal to be desired. I haven't seen the Murphy bio but I believe the OP's review.

Honored Contributor

Did you see her in the movie with Michael Douglas called, "Don't say a word"? That was a pretty good movie. She did die very young.

Honored Contributor

QualityGal wrote:

Did you see her in the movie with Michael Douglas called, "Don't say a word"? That was a pretty good movie. She did die very young.

I was not familiar with this one, so I just did a Tivo search and see that it's airing numerous times coming up (one airing starts in 2 minutes!) and will record it.  Thanks!  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

The Lifetime movie probably was horrible. In my opinion most of those are pretty bad. But as far as Brittany Murphy goes, if she never contributed more than her roles in "Clueless" and "8 Mile" she would have given two awesome performances!  I thought she was really good in those.   She had other good roles and voiceovers.  

Honored Contributor

My favorite voice over role she had was playing Louanne (not sure of the character's spelling) in 'King of the Hill'.     I still miss that show and sometimes watch the reruns that are aired on one channel - I think it's the CW channel.