Respected Contributor

The Bold & The Beautiful --- November 2015 (Includes Spoilers)

[ Edited ]

Yikes, it's November! Thanks for the reminder jenagal to start a new thread! I don't know where my head is this month.

Well, it looks like Zende and Nicole are about to get intimate. Will she get pregnant so when they start the surrogacy proceedings, they'll have to stop. Maybe Maya will ask her for that baby too, after all it will also be Avant and Forrestor! Woman LOL

Mr. Avant is a good actor. He's old school but the way a lot of people still feel about these types of things. Mrs. Avant doesn't add much.

Formerly lainey since Shop Talk days. Had to change nickname due to new Forum
Respected Contributor

Re: The Bold & The Beautiful --- November 2015

This thread just caught my eye as I was on my way to the Beauty Forum. I got hooked on this show when I retired in 2011 because it comes after Y&R which I have watched since on I was maternity leave 39 years ago. Mr. Avant is definitely old school. I do like how they have fixed up Mrs. Avant. They had her looking like a very unfashionable woman. I like her character alot. Wonder what is going to happen with Caroline, Thomas, and Ridge. I don't like her with Ridge. It is jus creepy.

Honored Contributor

I so agree with you, @lainey1 about Mr. Avant and Mrs. Avant!  He adds so much to the SL, her, not so much which is not her fault, I guess, because the writers apparently want her to be what a lot of wives were in those days..invisible.  I have to admit, though, that she has never been a favorite actress of mine and I'm hoping that's not affecting my opinions.  I haven't seen the male actor as often on tv as her but I always love him.

Regarding Zende, I think if Nicole gets involved with him, she will be disappointed.  Zende seems to be motivated more about what Mr. Avant has said to him.  There's a new character coming on the scene that might influence his feelings about Nicole.

(I have to review when to use affect/effect, lol.  I keep forgetting. I know affect is about feelings and effect is the result of an action).

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Well, I'm really surprised at Brooke.  I was sure she was going to me against theis surrogacy thing.  She had attachement problems when she was a surrogate for Jack and Steffy's mom...can't recall her name at the moment.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Regular Contributor

Actually, Brooke was not a surrogate to Taylor.  Taylor carried the baby, but it turned out Brooke's egg was accidentally implanted into Taylor, so the child was biologically Brooke's and Jack's.  I believe Taylor gave up rights to the baby after he was born and Jack got full custody.

Honored Contributor

@Katluver925, thank you for the correction....lol.  All these years, I have thought Brooke carried Taylor's eggs.  I must not have been watching much then.  Sometimes something in a SL makes me mad and I either stop watching completely for a while or only sporactically.  Must be what happened here.

Respected Contributor

I kept waiting for Brooke to volunteer to be the surrogate in place of Nicole.

Looks like Zende's on board now. 

Formerly lainey since Shop Talk days. Had to change nickname due to new Forum
Honored Contributor

I still DVR it but have pretty much stopped watching it.  I FF over most of it now.  It just makes me sick.

I've gotten to the point where I can't stand that couple so maybe I'll watch it when the young girl decides she wants to keep HER baby because that is what it will be, not her sister's baby.

I'll keep reading everyone's post because I can keep an eye on it without looking at those two.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hmmmm,@annabellethecat, I don't think it will be Nicole's baby.  At least not legally.  If you're a surrogate, I'm sure there will be legal paperwork involved for Nicole to sign releasing rights to the child.  I'm like whoever the other poster was that thinks it will be Zende's...if she gets pregnant in the first place.

I guess Rick already did his part.  Hehehe.

Honored Contributor

Way back when I took some college courses one of them was where I had to present a paper (mine was surrogacy) pro's and con's and argue both sides.

Then I had an arbitrator ask questions.  This was way back maybe in the late 90's.  It's interesting because a lot of things (I don't think) have changed a lot.  It is still expensive.  Back then it was new and many times the mother got to keep the baby.  As with many things still, if things go to a jury, they decide.  Anyway, dollars to donuts if it were written by other than idiots, Maya would have said, "I can't take my sister's baby".  But that won't happen.

Anyway, it's all just too stupid.  I hope it is his baby but then idiots are writing this thing, so who knows.  I doubt that even they know.  I thought writers had to make a story board but I don't know any more and I doubt that these writers ever do.