Honored Contributor

Re: 👀 The Americans - 5th Season 👀

@jeanlake wrote:

Philip has that faraway look. A part of me thinks Philip will eventually connect with his oldest son and take his children and defect to America -- new identity. I think he'll need to keep his departure from his wife who's loyal to the Motherland. Just a guess.   

Philip has always seemed to me he could be very happy staying in America, never looking back to Russia. Elizabeth seems much more loyal to Russia, she seems at times like she is longing to return there.

Honored Contributor

Phillip seems like his heart isn't in the whole espionage thing and wants out. I think once you're in, there is no getting out!

Honored Contributor

I don't like that Philip's son was told he couldn't see his father, the scene on the bench was heartbreaking. This should be Philip's choice if he wants to meet his son, the choice shouldn't be made for him. Also Philip seems much more compassionate than Elizabeth does. He felt really bad about the guy they killed at the lab, that turned out he was involved in a project for a good thing. Elizabeth seems like it's just another day at the office, it weighs heavy on Philip.

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2

"Elizabeth seems like it's just another day at the office"

Spoiler
Yeah, especially when she was checking out that guy's bedroom layout inbetween the oohs & aahs during censored.gif.  PRICELESS!!!!!!!

837514213.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@Jordan2

"Elizabeth seems like it's just another day at the office"

Spoiler
Yeah, especially when she was checking out that guy's bedroom layout inbetween the oohs & aahs during censored.gif.  PRICELESS!!!!!!!

837514213.gif

@Mz iMac, I'm happy for your reply, I thought I was the only one still watching! I really hope Philip gets to meet his son. Wouldn't it be funny if Philip returns to Russia, meets up with Martha (dumps Elizabeth) and lives happily ever after?!

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2

Yup still watching.  I'm a fan.  I'm sorry this is the final season. Smiley Sad

If anybody goes back to Russia, I believe it will be the wife & daughter.  Phillip will keep the son and continue to run their travel company.

As for Phillip's oldest son, I think if he continues to look for Phillip, he will be assassinated.  Remember, he's being tracked.

The actress who played Martha is now on the series Imposters playing a con artist working legit at a book store.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

@Jordan2

Yup still watching.  I'm a fan.  I'm sorry this is the final season. Smiley Sad

If anybody goes back to Russia, I believe it will be the wife & daughter.  Phillip will keep the son and continue to run their travel company.

As for Phillip's oldest son, I think if he continues to look for Phillip, he will be assassinated.  Remember, he's being tracked.

The actress who played Martha is now on the series Imposters playing a con artist working legit at a book store.

@Mz iMac, I think the actress that plays Martha is on Feud Bette and Joan as the director's production assistant. 

Honored Contributor

I felt bad for Phillip's son being sent back to Russia without meeting his father. I think Gabriel leaving and going home is because of the guilt he feels over the role he played in the situation with Phillip's son. 

Honored Contributor

I'm reading an article in Newsday about the actress Alison Wright that plays Martha in The Americans and is in Feud Bette and Joan. I was surprised to read she is a native of Northeastern England, which speaks well of her acting abilities as one would assume she has a British accent. She will be making her Broadway debut in a play called Sweat, she is having a good year. There is a picture of her in the article and she looks much different than the two characters she plays. I hope we get to see more of Martha as the series comes to an end. 

Honored Contributor

This isn't the final season, there is one more season after this, in 2018. I don't understand the fascination with Martha. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval