Honored Contributor

I saw a commercial, it's coming back on March 30th!

Frequent Contributor
  1. Fri., April 21. Can't wait!!!
Esteemed Contributor

Whichever date it is, I'm just happy to see it back!!!  ❤️ ❤️ ❤️ traveling vicariously through their travels.

IMG_3188.JPG

Honored Contributor

I like the format of everybody being strangers.  I enjoyed the blind daters season more than I've enjoyed TAR in a loooong time.

Trusted Contributor

I was so happy to see the commercial during Survivor that Amazing Race is coming back!  Had heard it was canceled so I was pleasantly surprised.

Honored Contributor

@sabra, the rumors that it has been cancelled may very well be true.  The season we're about to see finished taping summer of 2016 and was supposed to begin airing at the start of the fall season.  Then CBS pulled it from the fall schedule.

They should have filmed at least one more season since then but have not, and no casting calls.  So this one could indeed be the last.  I hope not!!!!

Honored Contributor

@kathybnc2:

@CelticCrafter, is correct in the OP.  It's returning on March 30th at a new time, 10 p.m.

Esteemed Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

@sabra, the rumors that it has been cancelled may very well be true.  The season we're about to see finished taping summer of 2016 and was supposed to begin airing at the start of the fall season.  Then CBS pulled it from the fall schedule.

They should have filmed at least one more season since then but have not, and no casting calls.  So this one could indeed be the last.  I hope not!!!!

I really hope that it doesn't get cancelled.  I actually do believe there was a casting call recently.  

I go to an annual travel show that moves around the country. I follow them on Facebook and, when the show was in LA, Phil Keoghan was a speaker.  Per Facebook, they held a casting call there.  I was hoping this was good news - but, of course, it only matters if it comes to fruition.

And, unfortunately, I think the producers are making it very very hard this season.  I just read (or was reminded) of the format this season.  They are all complete strangers, who pair up on day 1.  The family/friend dynamics were often a highlight of the show and it's now missing this season.  All about the drama!!  

I still look forward to traveling with them, though!

Valued Contributor

I am so glad this show is finally going to be seen on-air.  I had read something in Dec that they were trying to come up with a date/time to air it as MacGyver is doing so well on Friday at 8 pm they were looking for new slot. 

I am just glad they didn't just stick it on CBS all-access like the in-between season of Big Brother.

Honored Contributor

@Alter Ego, there is or was a casting call in Miami  too, but I have seen over the years that CBS uses casting calls as pre-show publicity for Amazing Race.  It costs practically nothing for them to set them up and it gets them on the local CBS news and in the papers.