Honored Contributor

The Amazing Race, Spoiler

[ Edited ]

I'm enjoying this season. None of the tantrums and arguments of previous seasons.

I already have favorites, the Asian couple and the father and son, who came in first and second place.

Honored Contributor

It would have been considerate if you included "spoiler".  Some of us haven't watched yet. 😕

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch 

Sorry.

I've added a spoiler. Thank you for reminding me.

Frequent Contributor

Re: The Amazing Race, Spoiler

they are both my favorites too❤️

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I agree that all the teams seem agreeable. They seem supportive of each other, and there are no divas. There's no team that I dislike.

I wish they still had the non-elimination legs. That added the element of wishful hoping and a reason not to give up.

I don't think a spoiler needs to be added. If someone hasn't viewed the most recent episode then I think the onus is on them not to open the thread on the subject.

Am I remembering correctly, but weren't part of the instructions in the market shopping task to only verbally (phonetically if needed) request the items needed? And not show the list to venders to read? I had thought there might have been a penalty to the teams showing the list.

Frequent Contributor

Yes, they were not supposed to show them the paper! I thought for sure a penalty would be involved. I guess since more than one team did it maybe they changed their minds? 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

My thinking was that it may have only affected the bottom two teams, so even with a penalty added to the arrival time the outcome would have been the same.

BUT...a penalty would affect their departure time on the next leg. So I don't like that it wasn't addressed.

Frequent Contributor

I agree with you. A penalty on the next round seems appropriate.

Regular Contributor

I'm happy they got rid of the charter flights and they are on their own again to get flights. 

Honored Contributor

@xrayrox wrote:

I agree with you. A penalty on the next round seems appropriate.

I agree. That discrepancy stood out rather prominently.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova