Honored Contributor

Re: Tales From The Enquirer - Enquiring Minds Want to Know - March 19, 2017

[ Edited ]

I get it; I love it; I CAN'T wait!  But it was WORTH the wait!  

Memo to self: Think about what veggie you want to pose naked next to.  Kale?  Cabbage leaf?  Brussels sprouts--the whole stalk?

When it would snow a lot and was cold and windy I sometimes would stop by and get the Enquirer and we'd all sit around at work and eat lunch in and I'd read the Enquirer to my fellow workers.  They looked forward to snow days in the office then!  It was a lot of fun. 

Thanks for the humor!  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Annabelle, are you in charge of the family newsletter at Christmas time? You should write it up like you just did this issue of the Enquirer that you translated for one and all.

@Annabellethecat66Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal Before my husband died that's exactly what I did.  Everyone looked forward to getting it, mainly because it DEFINITELY wasn't like most Christmas letters.  You can imagine...no one was off limits (especially my late husband and myself)....my girls grew up with me so they are used to how weird I am.  I never was mean to anyone and I thought (and was told) it was funny.  Certainly different from other Christmas newsletters.

One day I'll put in here a few paragraphs from some of them with the names changed.  I wrote letters with a picture card for 38 years (until he died).  He loved them.  

They'd start out like.....Well...hello there...yep!  It's me again....So how's your year been?  Grab your glasses, go get a drink (if you're a family member you might need something strong) and sit your fanny down.  What a year it's been!

Honored Contributor

I forgot to add I'm soooo glad you guys 'get IT' too.  It's all in fun....

I can't get that picture of Kim with that fried egg in her southern regions....no more fried eggs for me.

Actually my late husband was good friends with a guy from Venezuela who went to parties where ....well...I'll say feathers, blindfolds and so on were used.  He said in his country they were quite popular.  This was probably 15 years ago....

ps I always made sure when my husband was around him all of my husband's time was accounted for and he wasn't busy getting 'feathered'.  Ha!

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66, I knew it! Now I would have looked forward to that letter too!!