Esteemed Contributor

Has anyone been watching this series? I find it very good.

The pilot, which aired on NBC on February 27, begins with a young Bryan Mills, played by Clive Standen, on a train with his younger sister. Interestingly enough, the prequel takes place in the modern day. Mills and his sister are enjoying a leisurely chat when Mills begins glancing around suspiciously and instructs his sister to do as he says with the intent of protecting her. Of course, only moments later, Mills is engaged in a shootout with armed men. 

Tragically, following the shootout, Mills finds his beloved sister dead, having been shot in the chaos. Following this incident, Christina Hart, portrayed by Jennifer Beals, a deputy director of National Intelligence, begins to track Mills’ movements with the help of her team. This includes bugging his phone. Standen is convincing as a scorned brother intent on exacting revenge for his fallen sister. His guilt in his failure to protect her is his main drive as of yet. While it may be difficult to see anyone other than Liam Neeson as Bryan Mills, Standen has a way of adding to the Bryan Mills character.“Taken” is definitely worth your time.

Honored Contributor

@elated I THINK I like it.  I'm still thinking about it.  The one this week was the best so far.  I just don't like the way it's so predictable....but it's expected when you have  star, right?  I mean it's not like they're going to kill off the 'star'.

OK, this is going to show how superficial I am....I'm trying to think how to phrase this...."I don't like the way the hero has such a big over bite".  Yes!  I'm talking about his mouth/his teeth.  I watched him kiss that woman and he seems to have trouble fitting his over bite over HER lips.  I'm serious here...stop laughing.

I have an overbite (well actually, they are kinda buck teeth).  I like him because his dark hair and skin remind me of my late husband.  

Seriously, it's a pretty good show but I tend to like the more gritty one's.  

I often think about how people who hire actors for parts do amazing jobs.  I would have never thought of putting Jennifer Beals in a part like that, but she's great in it.

I also like the way she's smart, strong and basically the boss...(although he doesn't pay any attention to her orders).  Ha!

I'll keep watching it for now.  @elated Your post was good but could you make your print a little bigger and put more into paragraphs.  I enjoy reading your posts, you're good.

Esteemed Contributor

I like the show -- well written. The Bryan character is believable as former special forces, hometown, real family, real inner turmoils. I'm not seeing a lot of ego, which is nice. Dear Bryan -- do not trust your deceased sister's roomate. There's just something about her persistance that I don't trust. (He doesn't know anything about her and she's coming on strong!) Okay, hopefully I saved him next week. You're welcome.Smiley Very Happy 

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Respected Contributor

If you watch Vikings, you will recognize him as Rollo.  

208774-vikings-rollo.jpg

a44cee26221ed26fa2378c1231960682.jpg

Ragnar-and-Rollo-star-in-season-4-of-History-Channels-Vikings.jpg