Esteemed Contributor

Re: THE FUGITIVE "STORM CENTER" DAVID JANSSEN BETHEL LESLIE MONDAY 2:00 A.M. EASTERN METV

@Pearlee wrote:
@twinsister. That is funny. I wonder how many people hearing that now as you did had even heard of those three. You and I are old timers to remember Diamond.

So what did the show say they all had in common?

@Pearlee - They were all private eyes/detectives.  We are definitely old timers!

Honored Contributor

Re: THE FUGITIVE "STORM CENTER" DAVID JANSSEN BETHEL LESLIE MONDAY 2:00 A.M. EASTERN METV

@twinsister thanks, I was thinking that was probably the answer but I thought Spillane just wrote detective books not that he ccx was detective. He was on a Columbo by the way, playing himself. One with Jack Cassidy as the villain I think.
Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

...I feel like I'm in a film class every week on Monday when we discuss TF.

So it's not just me, huh?

I was hesitant about joining in. Wasn't sure I would have anything of value to contribute. Glad I took the plunge. We are seldom all in agreement about whether a particular episode was a thumbs up or down; however we each manage to interject something that others find credible or someone might have missed.

"And suddenly you just know it's time to start something new
And trust the magic of Beginnings..."
Honored Contributor

@Tique, I'm so glad you joined in.
🙂 Your comments are always insightful, intelligent and interesting. I'll never like last night's episode though! 😉
Honored Contributor

@twinsister  I saw Jeopardy and thought: How ironic. I don't think I knew about Richard Diamond until I read the thread over the weekend. I did recognize the others and knew the answer. Or the question. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Tique  - You definitely add something of value every week. Glad you are part of the group.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:
@Tique, I'm so glad you joined in.
🙂 Your comments are always insightful, intelligent and interesting. I'll never like last night's episode though! 😉

Thank you @Pearlee.

As far as the other thing, it's okay. I'll forgive you. Eventually.  Rolleye smiley 5

Honored Contributor

@twinsister   you have no problem expressing yourself. You observe and mention things that I always miss like stunt doubles. That completely goes over my head. As for Marcie going after Kimble after he saved her life for what the third time, yes she still had her claws out.

I'm glad you're here also. I probably wouldn't have jumped in if there wasn't someone else who was also a Fugitive virgin.

Honored Contributor

@Tique 😄 "Virgin" is not a word I would think of with a David Janssen show. 😇
Honored Contributor

It's very interesting to me who saw the show's first-run on TV almost 60 years ago and seen them rerun over the years to read the comments of you who are seeing the show for the first time.
👍