Honored Contributor

THE FUGITIVE "STORM CENTER" DAVID JANSSEN BETHEL LESLIE MONDAY 2:00 A.M. EASTERN METV

bethel-leslie_2029773.jpg

2:00 a.m. Eastern, MeTV--  The Fugitive: "Storm Center"   David Janssen, Bethel Leslie, Dennis Patrick

Another good one!  Really good.  Kimble's working for a charter boat service in Florida, and in the midst of a brewing hurricane, an unscrupulous and desperate glamour girl (Bethel Leslie), and  her boyfriend (Dennis Patrick), force Kimble to ferry them to a private island where she has a house.  The leverage she uses to get him to comply is a certain piece of knowledge she has about him...

The episode ends up being a fascinating two-person tug of war, in which both DJ and Bethel Leslie get to go at each other, in their own tempestuous dialogue, while the storm closes in and rages all around them.  What you think you know may not be true;  you learn significantly more about each of them as the scenes progress...   Janssen and Leslie are very, very good together.

MV5BMmJiODY5M2UtNDE0Mi00MjBiLTk0Y2UtYWM2MTllYzVkODVmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODY2NDUyNjI@._V1_SY444_CR0,0,589,444_AL_.jpg

Bethel Leslie was a busy actress at the time-- she was one of those who turned up in everything from "Perry Mason", to "Mannix" to the soaps, and on and on.  She even became a soap opera writer, along with her brother!  (Thinking it might have been "The Secret Storm" -- how apt-- but would have to google).  She had the enviable quality of changeable looks-- she could be a delicate beauty at one turn, and a haggard shrew at the next-- sometimes in the same scene.  She gets to run the gamut here.

Her hapless "beau" is Dennis Patrick, who also appeared everywhere-- many will know him from "Dark Shadows".  I never saw that show, but remember him from so many others.  He seemed typecast at times as a silver-haired patrician, a Senator-type, or high muckety-muck military, or powerful CEO, etc.  Similar to Kent Smith, or Simon Scott.  So this small but juicy part must have been a fun diversion for him!

In "Storm Center", a bit "louche":

MV5BOGRjMjQ0ZWEtM2NjMS00NDAwLWFjNGEtMTNjNzI2NThhNThmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODY2NDUyNjI@._V1_.jpg

The way I remember him, so debonaire:

MV5BMTczMTc1Mjg4OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTE1NTYxOA@@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,666,1000_AL_.jpg

We Janssen fans get to see our hero in a very rounded, more raw and in-depth aspect; catnip for us!

MV5BZjUxNWQ5ZWYtMjQwZi00N2QyLWFhODgtZmNiMDFmM2RkMmJiXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyODY2NDUyNjI@._V1_.jpg   

Esteemed Contributor

Re: THE FUGITIVE "STORM CENTER" DAVID JANSSEN BETHEL LESLIE MONDAY 2:00 A.M. EASTERN METV

Sounds good. My DVR automatically records this now. 

Honored Contributor

Re: THE FUGITIVE "STORM CENTER" DAVID JANSSEN BETHEL LESLIE MONDAY 2:00 A.M. EASTERN METV

Will have more comments later but just wanted to say for now that despite his fuller face, Dennis Patrick always reminded me of Ed Nelson.
Also IMO Bethel Leslie's character IMO is pretty hateful! I'll be back....

Thanks for posting @Oznell.
Honored Contributor

I'm so glad you're watching, @godi !

Yes, @Pearlee ,  the fact that she's so unscrupulous makes certain things that transpire rather puzzling, but....  we'll save that for later, ha.

Wow, you are right!   I never noticed the resemblance between Ed Nelson and Dennis Patrick before, but you are so right. 

Honored Contributor

@Oznell. He even looks like Ed N in the photo you posted! It's especially his eyes.

Bethel has a "Cat On A Hot Tin Roof" - like scene tonight! 😄
Honored Contributor

P.S. IMO DJ's triangle eyes are apparent in today's photo that oznell posted!
Honored Contributor

Even triangle eyebrows! 😆
Honored Contributor

Ha, ha, @Pearlee ,  I get a kick out of that "triangle eyes".  Makes me think of a whimsical, magical, harlequin sort of person, like a medieval court jester!   Do you think it's just the effect of his "hooded" eyes-- at least, what I think of as his hooded eyes.  The lid is somewhat descended.  They lend intensity to his expression...

Honored Contributor

@Oznell. Exactly! His particular hooded lids are sloped or triangular, rather unusual.
Now how do we explain the triangle eyebrows? 😄

Just to clarify, he's still hot! 😍
Esteemed Contributor

@Oznell  - My DVR is set.  Thanks for the synopsis - sounds very good.  I remember Bethel Leslie from a TV medical show - maybe The Doctors.  Also saw her in a few Route 66 episodes.   Definitely remember Dennis Patrick from Dark Shadows.  I would run home from school every day to watch @Pearlee  - were you a fan?

I do see those triangle eyes - LOL!!