Honored Contributor

THE CASE OF JONBENET RAMSEY: CBS DOCUSERIES PREMIERES 9/!8

Heading up to the 20th anniversary of the killing of JonBenet, CBS will be showing a three-part docuseries on the case.  The first episode airs on Sept. 18th, 

They have put together a panel of experts and people who actually worked the case.  Included is Dr. Henry Lee, and what he says in the trailer says a lot.  Also involved is A. James Kolar who wrote the book "Foreigh Faction", which is considered by many the definitive book on the case.

Here's the trailer:

CBS:  The Case of JonBenet Ramsey trailer, YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ixwev_HuIs

I have read everything out there on this case and am impressed with this trailer because right off the bat there are things discussed in the trailer that are not commonly known by members of the public who are not as familiar.  

Also there is no one shown in the trailer who believes the nonsense that an intruder did it.  That has me curious.  If they had such a person on the show wouldn't they show them in the trailer?  OTOH no one familiar with the details believes that, including the members of the grand jury.

So looking forward to this one!!!

Honored Contributor

Re: THE CASE OF JONBENET RAMSEY: CBS DOCUSERIES PREMIERES 9/!8

Just want to add:   The case literally cannot be solved publicly short of a confession which is never going to happen.  So I'm super curious what these experts say.  

In the past people have been silenced by the Ramsey's never-ending lawsuits against anyone who talked.  CBS has deep pockets.  I can't wait to find out what the experts commit to, what they reveal, and what they admit can never be known for sure.

Trusted Contributor

Dr Lee is such an opportunist. 

Respected Contributor

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LoriLori  I watched the trailer and I'm not seeing that what Dr. Lee says says a lot.

By the way, I remember seeing the original interview on TV where Patsy pointed her finger at the camera (us the audience) and said I did not kill my daughter (or JonBenet or whatever the exact quote).    When I first saw that - and when I see it now - I immediately thought of when Bill Clinton pointed his finger at us all and said "I did not have s-x with that woman."   Both lying.  Most of the interviews with Patsy I saw back then shortly after the murder gave me the impression that she was lying.

Esteemed Contributor

I've read about the docuseries and I'm looking forward to it. I'm curious about Dr. Phil's interviews with Burke, but I have a feeling that will just amount to more intruder theories...a rehash of the same old Ramsey story line. I have to wonder, though, what exactly Burke will share other than what he's gone through since the murder.  His family claimed he slept through the whole thing, so there wouldn't be much to say if he's sticking to that story.

Respected Contributor

@evelyner wrote:

Dr Lee is such an opportunist.

Yep, he and Werner all day everyday.

Respected Contributor

I saw a documentary a few years ago where the state had called a retired investigator who had solved many murder cases. I cannot remember his name but he demonstrated going though that basement window so to me the statement that someone could not go through does not hold water. I watched him climb through the window onto a suitcase (I think it was).

Honored Contributor

Another TV program on this subject is like beating a dead horse.  We've heard it all over and over.  I don't know why they keep regurgitating the same information repeatedly.  At this point, who cares?

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@conlt wrote:

I saw a documentary a few years ago where the state had called a retired investigator who had solved many murder cases. I cannot remember his name but he demonstrated going though that basement window so to me the statement that someone could not go through does not hold water. I watched him climb through the window onto a suitcase (I think it was).

How did he explain the spider webs in window? What was his theory for an intruder to quietly take JonBenet from her room to the basement without being discovered?  Just curious.