Esteemed Contributor

Emily's beach house on the TV series "Revenge"

Valued Contributor

Those wonderful black and white movies from the 40s had some of the most beautiful 

houses and apartments.  That house from "Leave Her To Heaven "  was beautiful, but my all time favorite movie house was the house in the woods that Dorothy McGuire had built 

for her and Gregory Peck in the movie "Gentleman's Agreement".  So beautiful.

Bette Davis also had a few fantastic places on film.  Her apartment in the film "Old Acquaintance" is spectacular, and her brownstone in Boston in "Now Voyager" is

pretty darn fine as well!  "Since You Went Away"  and "Mrs. Miniver" also featured 

fine homes.  Can you even imagine what those places would go for in today's real estate 

market???

Trusted Contributor

Re: TCM's Eddie Mueller

[ Edited ]

I love the country home featured in "Bringing Up Baby" (1938) with Cary Grant and Katharine Hepburn. In the movie, the home belonged to her "Aunt Elizabeth",   played by the wonderful character actress, May Robson. Such wonderful art direction for that film! 
I too, am guilty of watching that movie at least once a year, to see the home again! 

https://hookedonhouses.net/2010/11/28/katharine-hepburns-country-house-in-bringing-up-baby/