Respected Contributor

Re: TCM just went through the upcoming list of movies

Husband is a major Humphrey Bogart fan and we recently caught "We're No Angels" which we'd never seen before.  Highly recommended for Christmas viewing!  Has a young Peter Ustinov also starring.

Denise
Frequent Contributor

Also love Cary Grant, Clark Gable, Barbara Stanwyck, Greer Garson Maureen O'Hara. My favorites.....Random Harvest, The Bishop's Wife, The Bitter Tea of General Yen, Lost Horizon, The Quiet Man......it goes on and on. Old movies are so transporting.

Trusted Contributor

Since it is the 31 days of Oscar this month I am hoping to see Notorius - 1946 - Cary Grant & Ingrid Berman.   I search my on screen TV guide but it has not shown up yet.  I am having a hard time navigating the TCM webpage search schedule.  If anyone know when this will be aired please post.   Thank you so much!Heart

Honored Contributor

@avid shopper wrote:

Since it is the 31 days of Oscar this month I am hoping to see Notorius - 1946 - Cary Grant & Ingrid Berman.   I search my on screen TV guide but it has not shown up yet.  I am having a hard time navigating the TCM webpage search schedule.  If anyone know when this will be aired please post.   Thank you so much!Heart

I've searched the TCM schedule and I just don't see Notorious.  But it's a film that does show up on TCM every now and then so you might want to keep an eye on their listings.

http://www.tcm.com/schedule/monthly.html

It occurred to me while I was browsing there that I should probably print out a blank calendar and fill in the dates and times for films I might want to see.  This looks like a good month for favorites.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

My favorite old time star is Jimmy Stewart. But I really enjoy any of the old black & white movies.

It's so nice to watch a movie without vulgar language, extreme violence and s*ex. It's nice to see a nice romantic kiss where you're not swallowing each others tongues and slobbering all over one another.Woman LOL

Formerly lainey since Shop Talk days. Had to change nickname due to new Forum
Honored Contributor

Lately I have been disapponted in TCM's selections. Hardly ever wach it.

Respected Contributor

i love all the old movies and the stars, but i'm not a fan of westerns.  they just don't appeal to me.

Esteemed Contributor

Hubby likes these.  He says, "now that was real acting with a real story."