Honored Contributor
Oscar winning actress Joan Crawford. 🙌 break from beauty!!🙋
Trusted Contributor

That is a good movie!!!

Respected Contributor

I saw it in the guide and set it to tape last night – can't wait! One of my favorites!!'

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Honored Contributor

@PurpleBunny wrote:

I saw it in the guide and set it to tape last night – can't wait! One of my favorites!!'

Hi PurpleBunny! Love your avatar and name.🙋
Honored Contributor

Did you ever notice that Joan has the greatest real estate in her movies?  I've long loved the beach house in "Mildrede Pierce".

Then, a little later, in the Fifties in "Female on the Beach",  she has another fabulous house right on the beach, a great example of midcentury modern.   AND, she has Jeff Chandler too, ha.

Honored Contributor

@Oznell wrote:

Did you ever notice that Joan has the greatest real estate in her movies?  I've long loved the beach house in "Mildrede Pierce".

Then, a little later, in the Fifties in "Female on the Beach",  she has another fabulous house right on the beach, a great example of midcentury modern.   AND, she has Jeff Chandler too, ha.

Yes!! Haha! Lived in California, Knew the streets she referenced.
Respected Contributor

I love this movie!  I recorded it even tho I have the DVD.  

Honored Contributor

hwRe: TCM 1pm Mildred Pierce

[ Edited ]

So what the heck movie did I watch this afternoon w/Bette Davis and Leslie Howard?

She played *Mildred* a mean loose woman with a cockney accent and he was studying to be a doctor.

I've seen it a hundred times.....

Honored Contributor

Re: TCM 1pm Mildred Pierce

[ Edited ]

@Oznell  Didn't she also have one in Possessed? Not sure about that, but I think that was the one.

I saw a quick, very quick plug for a made for tv movie about Joan Crawford and Bette Davis. The snippet I saw shows Bette tormenting Joan by pulling a dirty trick on her but it was too fast to know for sure. Sunday March 5th-Bette and Joan.  FXM

Honored Contributor

Re: hwRe: TCM 1pm Mildred Pierce

@Lucky Charm  Of Human Bondage