Honored Contributor

Sunday 7/24/2016 Big Brother Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

Saturday found the house guests largely just lying around waiting for the POV comp. Natalie and Bridgette had a long chat in the bathroom early in the day where Bridgette downloaded pretty much everything she knew about the house to Natalie who quietly absorbed it all. James came in a few minutes later and apologized to Bridgette for putting her up. Bridgette and Frank were largely glued together all day. Frank campaigned to various people to be nice to Bridgette if he leaves and not leave her isolated.

Much of the rest of the house was involved in the "Who should go?" game between Frank and Bridgette. The girls all pretty much want Bridgette gone while the guys want Frank gone. Frank and Bridgette both would prefer to be voted out this week than next. Neither is thrilled with spending six or seven weeks in the jury house and would rather go back home. Bridgette doesn't want to be trapped there with the mean catty girls and Frank would far rather go home than to the jury house.

The house guests are thinking there will be a Pandora's Box this week as they've heard BB working in the hidden room, so they know something's up, and Frank has talked about getting a Diamond Power of Veto or something, but no one seems to be actively searching for clues. I think they're all expecting BB to just drop something on them rather than have them search for the answer. It's been years since BB last made the house guests search for something like a hidden room and I think only Michelle watched those earlier seasons. BB will want someone to find the hidden room, so they'll start dropping more and more hints in the DR if the house guests don't start looking on their own. (It's not like the room itself is hard to find. It's right adjacent to the HOH room and at least Michelle and the vets should all know that.

The house guests got around to picking the POV players and Michelle, Nicole and Davonne were drawn which looked like a really good draw for Frank and Bridgette. The long delayed POV comp finally started around 11:30 (ET) last night and was the OTEV comp where the house guests start at the top of a hill, get given a clue, slide down the hill into the yard and search for the plaque containing the correct house guest's name then climb back up the hill. The last one to arrive with the correct answer each round gets eliminated. James apparently threw it quickly. He didn't want to win it. Oddly, Michelle excelled and won the game. Michelle, Davonne, Nicole, and Zakiyah, the four remaining members of the Fatal Five then celebrated wildly in private. (Maybe the Fatal Five is still alive? This is the first real sign of life I've seen from that alliance in a while. If they are still alive they're going to have to step up their game and win a few HOH's in the very near future.)

Michelle likely won't use the POV and the nominations will remain the same. All week we'll have the back and forth as to who should go with both nominees more or less wanting to go. I expect Frank to be given a clue or two about the hidden room. He's always been a favorite of the producer's so I don't see them letting him wander off without giving him another chance to save himself. Michelle, who had been floating along under the covers is now a target of Paulie's since she's now shown she can win a comp. Paulie's moved Michelle way, way up the target list now. Paulie really wants all of the girls gone and all guys at the end. I believe his plan is to get rid of Frank this week, Bridgette next week, then Michelle the next week, though all of that is subject to change. Paulie's got a nice little army of followers he's built with Paul, Victor, Corey and James all more or less at his command and doing his bidding. With Zakiyah and Nicole also more or less following his lead, he's got control of the house unless someone knocks him down.

Frank just told James he's not doing any more DR's for the rest of the week. That's going to complicate BB's attempts to give him clues as to the hidden room and the power hidden within it. And now BB just called Frank to the DR and he said, "Nope. I'm not doing it." They called him again and now he's agreed to go. He gave in pretty easy.

Things should stay pretty quiet in the house today. The backyard should get reopened sometime later today. I expect Bridgette to go off on the house sometime this week. She's not a happy camper and I suspect she'll blow at some point. That's likely to be part strategic (vote me out so Frank gets to stay) and part venting. She's been building up venom for a while now and there's only so much she can hold in before she explodes. 

I'm mostly watching BB now to witness the collapse of the Paulie Empire. Until that happens the game will be pretty tedious. He's learned from Derrick's season and is attempting to pull off the same result. Pick off your enemies one by one while keeping a solid core of supporters under you. I'm hoping the sheep they recruited this year aren't as blind as they were in Derrick's season and Paulie gets toppled soon. Watching him on the block and scrambling will be a fun week. Once Paulie gets toppled his minions should go out in short order with Paul being among the first to go. His nonstop shouting gets more than a little tedious. I suspect the BB sound people would love to see him evicted. His shouts fill the house and he's always shouting. 

Who will topple the Paulie Empire? My money would be on Natalie, Michelle, Davonne, or maybe James. The guys (Paul, Corey, Victor and even Frank) all seem to be too far up Paulie's tail side to take a shot at him. They have no problem cruising with Paulie to the final four/five and then worrying about things. Whoever takes a shot at him will need to know they've got the votes to evict him. 

If the Fatal Five (now Four) wanted to, and Michelle was game, she could use the POV to save Frank or Bridgette, get them solidly on their side (Frank's been in favor of eliminating the guys most of the season) and if Michelle could get James on board (the really tricky part) then Michelle could use the POV on Frank/Bridgette, have James put up Paulie, get the Fatal Four (Michelle, Zakiyah, Nicole, and Davonne) along with whoever they saved from the block to evict Paulie. If they saved Bridgette she'd vote out anyone opposite Frank. Natalie would also likely vote to evict Paulie. The odds of that happening are less than one percent, but if Michelle hears that Paulie wants her gone soon, she could opt to make the big move.

In the last few years we've seen far too few big moves made in the game. Everyone plays safe until they're picked off and then they lament not making the big move earlier. We saw this trend start with Helen "It's too soon to make a move" back in BB 15, and it's continued on to today. Everyone's trying to play safe and instead they get picked off one by one. There are times in Big Brother where you've got to identify the Alpha and take a shot at them. The person in charge doesn't generally get weaker as the season goes on and if you let them stay unmolested, your side just gets picked off one by one. Right now Paulie has the numbers more or less on his side and is the Alpha. He's picking off the opposition one by one. Dethrone Paulie and the loyalties of the house get scrambled which isn't a bad thing if you're not on Paulie's good side.

Will we see Paulie get toppled soon? Probably not. As the evicted house guests will say as they leave one by one, "It was just too soon to make a big move." If they look ahead to next week they'll realize there's only one big target left in the house after either Frank or Bridgette goes and that will be whichever one stays. Who goes up opposite them? Davonne? Michelle? Nicole? I'm pretty sure it won't be Paulie or one of his guys if he has any say over it and up to now he's had nearly total say. There's a chance to take out Paulie now if James and Michelle get together. They could get the votes necessary and take out the guy who looks like he's got an easy stroll to the top spot. Unfortunately, "it's too soon" and the chance will slip away and we'll likely continue to see the reign of Emperor Paulie for the rest of the season. Maybe, just maybe Michelle is a strategic enough player to opt to make the big move and can pull together enough of the house to get it done. I'm thinking there's less than a one percent chance of that though.

The best hope for drama this week is someone (Frank) finding the hidden room and getting a special power. Will it happen? We'll have to wait and see.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Re: Sunday 7/24/2016 Big Brother Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

There's a report, yet to be confirmed, that Davonne sabotaged Frank and Bridgette in the POV comp. Each house guest knows that in OTEV you'll need the name of every house guest so players will gather as many names as they can in a pile that they can keep handy so they can quickly grab the one they need. Apparently Davonne had been keeping an eye on where Frank and Bridgette were stockpiling their names and on her last run through the comp, knowing she was eliminated, went to Frank and Bridgette's stockpile and buried them so they would have to sort through the piles again while she left Michelle's stockpile alone. That let Michelle quickly retrieve the name for the final round and get the win.

I'm not sure how credible that information is, but we'll find out on Wednesday's show.

And we have a show tonight. On tonight's show we'll see how the house reacts to Victor coming back in and we'll see the HOH comp and nominations. It'll be interesting to see what options James discussed before putting up the nominations. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

I have been saying this all along and now I know I'm right:  James has no game.  Zero.  Which is ridiculous for someone who has actually played before.  

He got Fan Favorite by just treading water, smiling at America and doing no harm in the house -- so I guess he plans to use that same "strategy" to win.  It's not even a strategy, it's nothing.  I can't wait for him to go.

I still think if James wanted to play Big Brother he would have put up Davonne and Paulie.  Davonne is clever and I hope that rumor is true about the sabotage, but her game is all over the place and IMO that disqualifies her from being part of any alliance.  

This is what happens when you get people who don't know how to play.  They don't play.  This is a race to the bottom.  It's not fun.

Honored Contributor

@gardenman, is it early for OTEV?  That's my favorite POV comp, I look forward to it every season and I'm sorry it's done already.  

Honored Contributor

@LoriLori wrote:

@gardenman, is it early for OTEV?  That's my favorite POV comp, I look forward to it every season and I'm sorry it's done already.  

It does seem a bit early. There are always a few house guests sitting on the bench cheering though, so it might not be too early.

We've got a house of bystanders this year and few players. I'd love to see a few of the dormant players wake up and start playing, but it might be too late by the time they do. We might still see something happen this week. Paulie told half the house that he wants Zakiyah and Davonne up next week. Word of that is likely to reach those two and we could see some pressure put on Michelle to use the POV and backdoor Paulie before he can get rid of them.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Respected Contributor

It would seem to be a pretty basic concept to want to get the strongest players out as soon as you can, but maybe it's easy to say that from the outside looking in, and once you're in the House your mindset just gets warped.  I don't know.  I would like to think that would be my goal, but who knows.  It's still frustrating to think James could have made a big move to get Paulie out.  Not have nominated Paulie initially, but to have strategized to backdoor him.  He said to Bridgette and Frank last night on BBAD that he really didn't have a lot of time to think about things before he had to nominate, but I would think he still had some time to strategize how to communicate to the others why it would be in their best interests to get Paulie out.  Disappointed in James just wanting to "do what the House wants."  

I was glad to see Frank and Bridgette on BBAD last night kind of get a couple of jabs in at James.  I love James, but I'm disappointed in him right now.  James went up to Bridgette and Frank, and told them he "threw the comp to be fair," and give them a little more of a chance at winning.  Um, yeah right.  James, you just didn't want to possibly win, and have to be in the position of either taking someone off the block or telling them he was keeping the nominations the same.  He kept saying, "it's just a game," and Frank replied, "yeah, I quit my job for this game."  And James said something to Bridgette -- can't remember what it was -- and she replied with a laugh and a "F U, James...you put me up!"  I can't remember what it was that James had said, but I remember thinking Bridgette was justified to say what she did in return.  I don't think James even replied to Frank's request for James to not let everyone continue to treat Bridgette poorly, after Frank is evicted.  I could be wrong, but I don't remember James having a reply.  Frank and Bridgette were later talking about what a phoney Paulie is; how Paulie said he didn't like the way Michelle acted after she won, but soon after they saw Paulie "celebrating" with everyone.  So they do see how Paulie was just pretending to be supportive with them the last couple of days.  Bridgette doesn't even think she can trust Natalie.  I have no clue what Natalie really thinks, since I don't have the feeds, and haven't really been able to watch BBAD. 

I didn't like watching everyone -- not only the girls, but the guys, too --  all in the storage room dancing in celebration.  Ugh. 

James, you will not be winning Fan Favorite this year.

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Honored Contributor

I always laugh at the "I didn't have time to think" argument for why someone got nominated. I'd have a strategy going in, I'd be updating and revising that strategy the whole time I was in there. What else is there to do? Before every HOH comp I'd have a mental list of four people I'd want out next and I'd stick to it. It's not like you need to change that after the comp. You know who your friends are, you know who your enemies are. It's not that complicated and you don't fool anyone by saying you didn't have time to think.

Every minute of down time I'd be trying to evaluate who was in what alliance and where they stood in that alliance. This week you had Victor dumped back in so you know he's free. Frank and Bridgette are obviously on the outs with the rest of the house. Davonne's largely on her own. Get them all together and see if you can iron out an agreement. A Victor, James, Frank, Davonne, Natalie and Bridgette alliance would look pretty darned powerful right now. Backdoor Paulie and you'd have Michelle, Corey, Nicole, Zakiyah and Paul as future targets, none of whom are terribly intimidating. Get to the final six and worry about where you stand then.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Esteemed Contributor

To be fair, James does have one of the most powerful players on the block under his reign as HoH, and a player they've been talking about wanting out for a while now but couldn't make it happen. What makes him seem weak (to me) is that he doesn't make the choice on his own, he consults with his alliance. Does that make him weak? I don't know. I think it seems that way because we see players like Paulie who had player phobia and couldn't be swayed to change his mind regardless of how others felt. And now, even though he told James to put up Frank, he goes behind James' back and says "Oh dude, so sorry. I'm shocked that James would put you up." That's not being strong, that's being a cowardly wimp. 

And Bridgette? She's a strong female competitor and is wicked smart about the game. I've heard her pull names and situations out of head about past seasons that make my head spin (not that it takes much, lol). She's a definite fan. They're a power couple that will now be disabled and that's due to James.

And while I'm on a roll here, I just want to say that I admire the friendship between Bridgette and Frank. Bridgette's a little starry-eyed because Frank's a vet, considered a formidable player and she loves the game, but both talk about their relationships "back home" and neither have crossed over to the R Rated version of the game. After watching a few of the others in the house I find it refreshing. 

That said, I'm afraid the pressure may push these two over the edge a little as being on the block tends to do. Happy, sweet, busy little Bridgette, with the mouth of a trucker (sorry truckers), may become measurably less happy and sweet as the week rolls on. It should be interesting to see what happens.

Honored Contributor

Sorry,  can't agree Bridgette and Frank are two of the most powerful players anymore.  Paulie is enemy number one.  Davonne is a loose cannon.  Frank has almost too much game, he imploded.   Bridgette after Frank is evicted could be interesting.  But if you're playing the game, Paulie's gone, period.

@gardenman, the tings you said you would do --

That's because you love the game, you know the game, you have studied the game and you'd be playing the game.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@gardenman wrote:

I always laugh at the "I didn't have time to think" argument for why someone got nominated. I'd have a strategy going in, I'd be updating and revising that strategy the whole time I was in there. What else is there to do? Before every HOH comp I'd have a mental list of four people I'd want out next and I'd stick to it. It's not like you need to change that after the comp. You know who your friends are, you know who your enemies are. It's not that complicated and you don't fool anyone by saying you didn't have time to think.

Every minute of down time I'd be trying to evaluate who was in what alliance and where they stood in that alliance. This week you had Victor dumped back in so you know he's free. Frank and Bridgette are obviously on the outs with the rest of the house. Davonne's largely on her own. Get them all together and see if you can iron out an agreement. A Victor, James, Frank, Davonne, Natalie and Bridgette alliance would look pretty darned powerful right now. Backdoor Paulie and you'd have Michelle, Corey, Nicole, Zakiyah and Paul as future targets, none of whom are terribly intimidating. Get to the final six and worry about where you stand then.

Awesome strategy and I agree. Too bad James didn't have the phone a friend option, with your number on speed dial, before he acted! One day very soon he's going to be wishing he'd never heard the name Paulie.

On the other hand, I don't know how loyal Frank would be either, and I think Paulie might be true to a boy's alliance of himself, James, Corey and (?)Victor. I think Paulie would gladly dump the girls--Nichole and Z.