Honored Contributor

So You Think You Can Dance 2016 possible spoilers

Am I right that instead of adults this show is only going to have children dancing?

Ugh!  I like seeing kids dance as much as anyone.  However, I can't watch them dance week after week.

I'd rather watch the dancers like in the previous seasons.  I'll watch it every now and then, bits and pieces and that's it.

Please....say it isn't so...... It's wonderful watching the young adults interpret the dances.

Valued Contributor

Re: So You Think You Can Dance 2016 possible spoilers

@Annabellethecat66

I also read that Maddie from Dance Moms will be a judge, she's 13!!!  I will probably do the same as you and not watch as much.  They are probably trying to go for a younger demographic. 

Helen852
Trusted Contributor

Oh, no!  I heard that and just figured that it would be a second version of the show and that the original would still be back. Yes, I have seen enough children dancing on Dance Moms, and have no interest in watching a kid's version of one of my favorite shows. 

Honored Contributor

I'll post a few websites about it.  Click on here to see how 'turned off' people are about this.  Just so you know....we are all definitely, not alone!  Ugh!  It was so beautiful to watch some of the amazing ADULT dancers and the interpretations to some of the songs we are familiar with.

What bothers me is, not only is it going to be boring (look, I have three daughters who danced for 13 years straight, I have 3 young grandchildren who now dance) I have had my fill of watching other children stand and dance.  I don't give a rat's fanny how good these kids are, I'm an adult and I want to see adult interpretation to this music.

Also, just the idea of seeing young children grinding and Ugh!  I'm sorry, but they can only do but so much as far as not looking (again, sorry but what I think looks obnoxious, dance moves that can be beautiful on an adult, but not a good look on children).  I guess I'm just jaded.  

My girls went to a well known (in the DC area) dance school but so what, they still did kids dances.  Parents would have been marching out had they had these kids 'interpreting' some of the up against each other stuff (you know what I mean, not appropriate for kids but beautiful to watch for adults).  I sound like a prude and unless you watch the show as we do it sounds like the adult show is sleezy, but it's beautiful, isn't it....or WAS.

Can you tell I'm upset?  I find it difficult to believe Travis and the other great dancers/choreographers are OK with all of this.  Maybe another adult version by someone else (the articles all say this kids thing is it for the So You Think You Can Dance franchise).

What do you guys think is the reason for this?  They won Emmys and Travis always wins Emmys, so I don't understand this change.  I'm interested in what you guys think is the reason for this?

I will say by my daughters dancing for 13 years helped get them into UVA (University of Va and Georgetown) because the college said they'd accept the fact that they danced so long instead of the athletics they usually require.  Phew!  Ha!

Here are a few of the websites....just click here.  It's interesting but disheartening that they won't change.

http://www.fox.com/so-you-think-you-can-dance/article/so-you-think-you-can-dance-the-next-generation...

https://www.facebook.com/SoYouThinkYouCanDance/

http://deadline.com/2016/03/maddie-ziegler-so-you-think-you-can-dance-the-next-generation-judge-fox-...

Interesting because someone's been 'cleaning' up the front of the google page.  I know 'people' do this.  When I first googled this there were several websites that came up with people really 'busting' on these changes.  Now you have to go into the second and third pages.  This is done so the negativity does not immediately appear to people googling things.  See...see how we (the public) are manipulated.  Ha!

Idiots like me (who have no life, and are old) Ha! know better.

Take care ladies.  Looking forward to meeting up with you when this show airs.  Be safe....