Respected Contributor

Does anyone watch Skin Wars?  I was surprised that I really liked the show.  There are some really good artists competing!  I especially enjoy when they camouflage the models into the paintings so that they just disappear!

Honored Contributor

I LOVE Skin Wars!   But then, I am a huge RuPaul fan. 

But as to this show, it's just amazing what these people can create.    They recently finished the second season.  I sure hope it comes back.

My favorite is also when they do those 'camouflage' things.     That just blows my mind.  Each contestant gets a 'background' and has to paint their model to pose in front of it and disappear.   Wow.  

Right now is the 'Skin Wars:  Fresh Paint' spin-off series and I like it almost as much.   The people who get to compete are all artists of some sort, but none of them (so far, anyway) are actually body painters.  I've seen some who are so good!

It's also fun to see contestants from the regular 'Skin Wars' show coming to mentor and judge.

Honored Contributor

I thought you might be referring to a new tattoo show. I guess not lol. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Trusted Contributor

At 71 I also love both of those shows.  I think my favorite painter was the young man who had never had access to  "real artist media".   If I remember correctly he painted graffiti in the streets.  It was amazing to watch his talent grow and become the winner.  He said the money was for his mother to make things easier for her and his family.  I would like to see reruns of his performances.