Esteemed Contributor

Re: Shocked Daytime Emmy's not on TV tonight!

@LoriLori  But the ratings = revenue and what the networks can charge for advertising.  The higher the ratings, the higher the revenue. 

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Respected Contributor

Don't the Daytime Emmys include all daytime shows, the majority of which are not soaps?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MamaWick ratings have a lot to do with revenue but they're not the only factor.  The media buyer is forever buying something that has not happened yet.

Honored Contributor

You can now watch the entire Emmy show on The Talk website, they announced it today on The Talk.

Honored Contributor

Re: Shocked Daytime Emmys are not on TV tonight!

@KathyLFan wrote:

Nor is it online, like last year.  With all the $ Daytime TV makes,  they cannot afford to air an awards show???  Think that is outrageous!  Wanted to see Y&R actors especially.

The red carpet was only on Parachute TV via Twitter...which did not load on my tablet (I don't have a smart phone).

SMH.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

You can watch .........

http://abc.soapsindepth.com/posts/watch-2016-daytime-emmy-awards-ceremony-show-video-100800

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

tvline.com also has it on their site, with times to go to for best actor/actress, younger actor/actress, show etc...if you don't want to sit through the whole thing.  In the comments section is the time for when they pay tribute to those we've lost this year.  

ETA:  If anyone's interested, Laura Wright has some pics on twitter.  You don't have to be signed onto  twitter to see.  You can either google Laura Wright twitter, or I believe it would be twitter.com/lldubs