Honored Contributor

Saturday 7/30/2016 Big Brother 18 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

The house has become a bit dull and boring and I've got some spare time this morning, so it's time to go medieval on it.

When last we left the kingdom, the brave King Paulie, benevolent ruler of the land, brother of former ruler Cody, student of the great wizard Derrick, and descendant of wolves, had been attempting to test the loyalty of his people by asking them to volunteer as bait to lure out the dragon known as Eviction so they could then throw the evil sorceress Davonne at the dragon for it to consume her.

So fearful were the peasants of the dragon however that none chose to volunteer. Eventually Nicole, handmaiden of the knight Corey, reluctantly agreed to serve as bait. The great King Paulie, frustrated at the lack of trust shown by his peasants then expressed his disgust and said that he would serve as the bait himself to teach the peasants a lesson. The befuddled knight Corey then also volunteered as his handmaiden (in more ways than one) Nicole withdrew her offer.

The jester Paul, wearing the king's robe and acting as king this week then agreed with the plan of King Paulie. The recently abandoned maiden Bridgette, having just lost her beloved Frank to the dragon would stand alongside King Paulie and the two would attempt to lure the dragon from its lair.

If the king's plan were to work as planned, then in today's POV competition one of King Paulie's loyal followers would win the POV and remove the good king from this situation. The evil sorceress known as Davonne would then be forced to take his place. Then on Thursday the two, Bridgette and Davonne, would lure out the dragon Eviction and the broken-hearted maiden Bridgette would hobble away from the dragon on her bad ankle and knee and the dragon would consume the evil sorceress Davonne, freeing the kingdom from her evil magic.

The fair maiden Natalie, fairest of the women in the land, had a gift bestowed upon her by the Gods. Never again would she want for food or comfort while in the kingdom. This gift from the Gods, while accepted with great gratitude by Natalie, resulted in the rest of the kingdom expressing anger, frustration and jealousy that the Gods would show favoritism to one the other peasants viewed as being so inferior. Even the King Paulie showed some frustration with the situation, but greater problems faced him.

His consort, the maiden Zakiyah, who while fine of appearance and form, lacks in confidence and self respect, turned upon the king just before he needed to be focused on the POV comp. Having spent weeks eagerly seeking King Paulie's comfort and companionship, she was cast aside by the good king after annoying him by saying that professional knights (athletes) were disloyal to their loved ones. King Paulie, who considers himself a former professional knight, though in truth he lacked the aptitude, was appalled by this revelation.

Once before Zakiyah had spouted such heresy and the king had  expressed his displeasure, but this repetition of the heresy was too much for the king to endure. He dismissed Zakiyah from his bed and chose to share it with the Jester Paul instead. (One could get the impression the great King Paulie prefers to share his bed with his fellow knights. He so favors them that he even allowed the jester Paul to cut the king's hair to match that of the jester.)

The maiden Zakiyah, swallowing what little pride she had, met with the king in a room decorated with treasures from the king's trip to Africa and begged for forgiveness. The king attempted to rebuild Zakiyah's confidence so that she could compete on his behalf in the POV, while still maintaining his distance from her. After this exercise Zakiyah was dismissed and sent to lie in bed with the maiden Michelle.

The stress of living in the kingdom has driven some of the peasants to the verge of madness. The maiden Michelle, dark of heart and filled with hatred for all, has resorted to talking to herself in the royal bathing chambers. She complains of being fatter than ever before, being less fit, having less confidence in her appearance, and even bemoaning the color of her hair. She knows however that her problems are of her own doing. Michelle, who entered the kingdom as the royal nutritionist cannot understand why she's now eating cookies and not following the advice she so freely gives to others. Her disgust with herself is almost as though she's pleading to the Gods for a gift.

Indeed, many in the house, having seen a gift from the Gods bestowed upon the fair Natalie, are now pleading to the Gods for a gift. Nearly all have speculated on what future gifts the Gods may bestow and upon whom they may bestow them. Some, the brave knight James and the mean spirited maiden Michelle have appealed directly to the Gods, while others trust that their loyalty to King Paulie will win them favor from the Gods.

The knight Victor, former betrayer of the fair Natalie and consumer of vast quantities of food, was challenged to an eating contest. If he could consume an entire pizza in ten minutes he would win the admiration of the kingdom. Alas for Victor he fell just short. So prodigious is his eating however that the kingdom, just restocked with food yesterday, is already experiencing shortages of the foods favored by Victor. He has the appetite of a dozen men.

Today will find the selection of the peasants to represent the great King Paulie in the POV competition. So confident is the great King Paulie, who was bred for this, that he has no fear of who is selected to participate. He trusts that all will be loyal to him and use the POV to save him from danger and allow the dragon Eviction to remove the evil sorceress Davonne, spreader of lies and dissent, from the kingdom. He is confident that should that fail for any reason, and truthfully he finds it nearly impossible to believe that it will fail, but if it should, he trusts that dragon will consume the maiden Bridgette rather than him.

Oh, but the king does not see the evil that lies in the hearts of his followers. Even the jester Paul, trusted with the king's robe this week, may turn upon the king. For the jester Paul trusts the evil sorceress Davonne and has promised her safety. Where does his true loyalty lie? We shall not know the answer to that until the POV ceremony takes place on Monday. The great King Paulie has foolishly placed himself at the mercy of the peasants and assumes they'll protect him. Perhaps he is correct for they follow him as a flock of sheep follows a shepherd, but even the best shepherd knows he must keep an eye on the flock and the great King Paulie may be unaware of some of the trouble that lies before him.

Indeed the evil sorceress Davonne holds in her clutches an envelope upon which the Gods have inscribed the magical number of eight. Davonne, wiser than many though intemperate of tongue, knows well the language of the Gods and saw a sign (literally in this case) that featured the number eight in the language of the Gods. Trusting that this is a sign from the Gods offering her protection from the dragon, Davonne is less fearful of the fate that the great King Paulie is seeking for her. Even the king believes the envelope inscribed by the Gods with the number eight has special powers bestowed upon it, but he believes it is in the hands of his trusted knight Victor. It is an oversight he may soon come to rue.

Today shall find the picking of the POV players and the POV competition shall take place. A win by King Paulie or one of his truly loyal followers will likely ensure the removal of the king from danger and his replacement with the evil sorceress Davonne. However the jester Paul, though  loud of voice and short of wit, may opt to sacrifice the handmaiden Nicole or Bridgette instead. Indeed, Paul seems most interested in removing the maiden Bridgette, for despite her being lame of ankle and knee, he fears that she will best him in competition. Great turmoil awaits the kingdom this week as many different plans are in motion while the great King Paulie assumes only he has plans. It is an oversight he may soon regret.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Valued Contributor

Re: Saturday 7/30/2016 Big Brother 18 Live Feed Spoilers and Updates!!!

Hilarious!!!  Thanks so much Gardenman.  Your most excellent recap will keep me laughing all day.

Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm laughing so hard and enjoyed your recap immensely, G'man! (Hope it's okay I'm addressing you as G'man)

I commented a few weeks ago that the only person that rubbed me the wrong way when I watched the first episode was Z; now I realized that's not true, there was another person and that is Michelle. This all came back when you mention Michelle being a nutritionist. It was her intro when she was sitting in a tree and citing some facts about overweight Americans which were all true but for some reason I thought she was unsympathetic and judemental, and thought to myself that I wouldn't want her as my nutritionist. (Sorry, I know kinda random.)

I think my favorites are usually the "underdogs". I think that's why Nicole was my favorite. Nicole is what I would call a "mean" girl but it's just packaged in a non-threatening way. She is one of those people who are very self-aware and I think she is manipulative but throws people off by that "I'm so scared" or "I don't know" spiel. 

I'm rooting for Bridgette to win. I also wouldn't mind seeing Paulie or Day win. Those are the people who I think are playing the game; I'm not saying it's a good game but they're playing the game. I just don't enjoy when people make it to the end by "being there".

Because I don't have the feeds, I really don't get all the Natalie love. She hasn't had much impression on the broadcasted shows. She hasn't really done anything. I feel Natalie and Corey are in the same category: they both appear nice but I wouldn't even remember them if I didn't read the recap here. 

Victor: The thing that stays on my mind is one of the first episodes when he was talking to Nicole about Jozette targetting Nicole and in the midst of the conversation he took of his shirt. (I was seriously waiting for a cheesy soap opera music dubbed in. C'mon, how cheesy was that? Did that really happen? I would've laughed, not intentionally but there would've been no way for me to hold that laugh in.)

Paul: Wow! That Wednesday's episode when he had that exchange with Frank was ridiculous. Paul would've stayed in "ugh" category for me but his HOH is redeeming him because I think he has nominated people that HE wants up without getting any blood on his hands. 

No comments about the rest of the HGs as they are unmemorable.

Contributor

I am always so sorry to see your posts end!  I could read them all day. You and your creativity just make me happy!  Thank you!!!!!

Honored Contributor

@joa wrote:

I am always so sorry to see your posts end!  I could read them all day. You and your creativity just make me happy!  Thank you!!!!!

If the rumors of a BB 19 starting as soon as BB 18 ends are true, my posts may not end for quite a while. 

And speaking of reading my stuff, I've got an idea for a sequel to my novel "Sara X" that I've just started working on. If things work out right that may be done by the holidays. (Maybe sooner, maybe later but right now I'm throwing down a few thousand words a day on it with no trouble.) 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Valued Contributor

Thank you, fair scribe, for your tale well told.

Respected Contributor

Gardenman so happy to hear we may have more of Sara X to enjoy. I loved that book.

Your BB recap today was good reading. You have a way with words. I was really feeling sorry for the feed watchers when Paul won HOH.

Honored Contributor

A Paul HOH wasn't really what anyone but Paul wanted, but there is some comedic value in it. He's strutting around the house like a confident little rooster in his HOH robe all the time since winning. As a rule that's not a great strategy. I'm praying to the BB Gods that there's a crown and scepter of some sort involved in today's POV comp and that Paul claims them and struts around the house with them too, just to further alienate the house. No one will say anything negative about Paul until after the POV ceremony on Monday for fear of being a replacement, but his king of the world act is going to wear real thin very quickly.

I'd also love to see the two Pauls broken up on Paul's watch. Seeing Paulie get voted out and Julie asking him what he did to his hair would be kind of fun. It probably won't happen, but it would be fun. 

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!
Honored Contributor

Bravo, @gardenman!  Phenomenal!!!  Ever think of writing a novel about a game very much like Big Brother?  It would be amazing.

Paul is an ass who doesn't know how to play BB.  I was hoping by now he'd buy a clue because he's not stupid.  But he's playing stupid.  Like someone who hasn't watched much of Big Brother.  Oh wait.

Could you please explain the purpose of the prank they are playing on Victor?  Is there a point to it?

Honored Contributor

I've toyed with writing a story based on Big Brother but I don't feel like sorting through the copywrite/trademark chaos. It's likely phrases like "head of household," "power of veto," and the like are protected in some manner. Writing my way around that is pretty complicated. I've got lots and lots of ideas to write, so I don't really need any more ideas. I typically have five to ten books underway at any one time. 

At this moment the following novels are in some state of being actively written. I just started the sequel to Sara X this past week. I've got a story of a high school student who's been trusted with an alien spaceship to protect the Earth from alien threats. I've got the story of a woman who murders her best friend's son to secure an organ for her dying son. I've got a novel called "The Ten Thousand" where a future government has decided that no one can read more than ten thousand books in their life and the government has to approve every book to ensure they comply with the government approved standards. A young writer, trained by the government, learns that there are underground libraries where one can read whatever one wants and leads a rebellion against the government. I've got what will ultimately be a multi-volume space saga that deals with space travel realistically and follows a family from the mother who is a crew member on the first manned flight to a distant, possibly inhabitable planet, to her daughter and future generations of the family as the human race dispersed through the universe.

I've got another seventy plus ideas in a file should I ever finish those stories. I'll never live long enough to write every idea I've got now.

Fly!!! Eagles!!! Fly!!!