Honored Contributor

SPOILER - Poldark last night -- SPOILER

OMG - it looks like Ross and Eliz may be going to get together. If that happens I will be so dissappointed in him. I do hope the doctor gets together with his girl, as I think she has reedeeming qualities and they could be happy.

Honored Contributor

Re: SPOILER - Poldark last night -- SPOILER

I think that Ross is going to be a very bad boy, and I hope Demelza doesn't let him get away with it. He is a handsome devil, but he can be condescending and cruel.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Caroline, Dwight's love interest, will not disappoint.

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I think that Ross is going to be a very bad boy, and I hope Demelza doesn't let him get away with it. He is a handsome devil, but he can be condescending and cruel.

When has he been condescending or cruel?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

My opinion of Caroline totally turned around when she bought the oranges, which , I suppose, was the point of putting it in the story.

Respected Contributor

Brace yourselves!  If the show follows the plot of the books there are some real shockers coming!  

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

I think that in his dealings with Demelza, he can be overall aware of his consequence as compared to her. Also , and this is just my take on it, but I think he is casually cruel to her. I don't hate his character, I just  think  deep down he feels as though he is superior to her. He is wrong.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I think that in his dealings with Demelza, he can be overall aware of his consequence as compared to her. Also , and this is just my take on it, but I think he is casually cruel to her. I don't hate his character, I just  think  deep down he feels as though he is superior to her. He is wrong.

I agree, he thinks of her as a scullery maid, he undervalues her and over-values Elizabeth.

If not cruel, what was he reason for inviting her father to Julia's christening? He didn't ask her or even tell her before. He deliberately ruined it for her. He makes thoughtless comments to her; he would never speak to Elizabeth as he does to Demelza.

Honored Contributor

Well, I think Ross is a toad.  I like him less and less.