Honored Contributor

I gave it a chance but I just cannot get used to the new Ridge. That was the worse recasting of any soap character ever!!! He may have been good in the roles he previously played but he is far too sloppy and unkempt for the meticulously dressed well spoken Ridge. He is also so much shorter. There is no chemistry whatsoever between him and Brooke and never will be. His speech is accented some way and is not what a California raised rich kid would have developed. Usually I don't really care when they recast but this one is just so wrong! I can't believe I am the only one that thinks this.

Contributor

I like the new Ridge so much better than Ron Moss. I really like Ridge and Katie together. Brooke, not so much.

Trusted Contributor

I don't like this Ridge at all.

Esteemed Contributor
On 3/10/2014 snowball said:

I don't like this Ridge at all.

Me either.

Super Contributor
On 3/10/2014 geraldine said:

I like the new Ridge so much better than Ron Moss. I really like Ridge and Katie together. Brooke, not so much.

so do i!!!! RM was the worst actor on the show! i love TK and watched him on AMC. and i am so glad we won't ever see those dang scarves of his ever again. TK said his ridge will not be dressing like that!{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Honored Contributor

I know I didn't like the actor who played the old Ridge either but my point was that if recasting why didn't they try to get someone who at least looked the part of the taller, neater dressed person the character of Ridge was supposed to be. And that accent the new one has is not indicative of a person who was raised in the affluent part of California. He dresses like he lives in a cardboard box and does not look like a rich clothes designer at all!! It has nothing to do with anyone liking the old Ridge or hating Brooke. It's the concept of the character profile. Like I stated never has there been a worse recast. The new Ridge may be a great actor but he just doesn't fit the profile of what the character has been written as being all these years. It's even more bizarre than small children turning into doctors in 10 years time!!!

Frequent Contributor

I absolutely LOVE the new Ridge. I think he is perfect for the role.

Contributor

I agree Pook. He is so out of place with this group. I watch very infrequently, but his character is odd.

Contributor
On 3/10/2014 Chatam said:

I absolutely LOVE the new Ridge. I think he is perfect for the role.

Super Contributor
On 3/10/2014 Pook said:

I know I didn't like the actor who played the old Ridge either but my point was that if recasting why didn't they try to get someone who at least looked the part of the taller, neater dressed person the character of Ridge was supposed to be. And that accent the new one has is not indicative of a person who was raised in the affluent part of California. He dresses like he lives in a cardboard box and does not look like a rich clothes designer at all!! It has nothing to do with anyone liking the old Ridge or hating Brooke. It's the concept of the character profile. Like I stated never has there been a worse recast. The new Ridge may be a great actor but he just doesn't fit the profile of what the character has been written as being all these years. It's even more bizarre than small children turning into doctors in 10 years time!!!

that is the whole point with the writers. after RM threw his little girl hissy fit and wanted to leave they decided they wanted an all knew ridge - literally! he is not supposed to be like he was before. after all his time alone in paris thinking about what he wanted from life - this is the result and i really like it. there will be no more scarves and pink or lavendar shirts! TK's ridge is not a girly boy fashion designer.

and there is no "may be" when it comes to TK being a great actor. when they flesh it out more people will see this. they had to work this new story/person in fast and they are still working it. i am just so glad i do not have to see old and tired Ridge slobbering all over young katie!! omg - that would be sickening!