Honored Contributor

Re: Recommend me a movie to watch please

Speaking of Jeff Bridges, whose wonderful by the way, does anyone remember Starman? The movie came up in conversation the other day but I couldn't find it to watch on Netflix, bummer
Honored Contributor

Sideways

Malice

Little Miss Sunshine

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@winamac1
Well hello there! I do really like Alexander Payne
especially election and citizen Ruth!

@StraytoStay
I watched Hateful Eight last night! Classic Tarantino and I enjoyed it.
I was with my son last night, prior to going home and watching the movie, and he said he thinks he liked Django even better but he loved them both.
I still don't think that Tarantino has ever quite matched the genius that was Reservoir Dogs! Such a tight, perfect little film! I had a couple of issues with 8 but of course the acting was outstanding and I have to ask: Why has it been so long since I've seen Tim Roth?!
Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:
@winamac1

@StraytoStay
I was with my son last night, prior to going home and watching the movie, and he said he thinks he liked Django even better but he loved them both.
I still don't think that Tarantino has ever quite matched the genius that was Reservoir Dogs! Such a tight, perfect little film! I had a couple of issues with 8 but of course the acting was outstanding and I have to ask: Why has it been so long since I've seen Tim Roth?!

Election was awesome!!!

I have not seen "Hateful Eight".

I also need to recommend OFFICE SPACE!!  Awesome!

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:
Speaking of Jeff Bridges, whose wonderful by the way, does anyone remember Starman? The movie came up in conversation the other day but I couldn't find it to watch on Netflix, bummer

Love Jeff Bridges!

CRAZY HEART!

Great movie!

Fabulous Baker Boys-another great one!

Honored Contributor

@winamac1
Are you referring to the new office space with Jennifer Aniston? Because according to IMDB there's like four movies called office space LOL
Respected Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:
@winamac1

@StraytoStay

Honestly, the more I watch The Hateful Eight the more I like it. I watched it again last night!  

Tim Roth is great!  They were all great. 

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:
@winamac1
Are you referring to the new office space with Jennifer Aniston? Because according to IMDB there's like four movies called office space LOL

lol

It's very old.  Yes, it's with J. A.  It's SOOO funny!

Honored Contributor

@PurpleBunny 

I'm so sorry! I confused you and @StraytoStay  ! Now I have to watch the Django Unchained! LOL

As far as hateful eight goes I found the sudden voice over in chapter 4 or was it 5? a little disjointed in the scheme of things and the caricaturish portrayal during the flashback scene (in the haberdashery) bothered me. It was nice to be caught up on what really happened but, I'm not a filmmaker, so I'm not sure how I would have handled it but that was a little... I don't know ..off?

I still liked it and I still think Tarantino is better than most...I'm just hyper critical when it comes to film

Did you ever see Reservoir Dogs?

Esteemed Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

I LOVE that movie and have seen it so many times.  It's a beautiful story.