Honored Contributor

Re: Recommend me a movie to watch please

[ Edited ]

@Andreatoo wrote:

I'm way behind on my film watching but I should probably tell you what I like. In Bruges, Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels, Go, Reservoir Dogs, Monty Python and the Holy Grail (favorite), sliding doors, anything by Robert Altman, and while I'm generally not a chick flick kind of gal I loved The Princess Bride.
What have I missed in the last few years that fits the bill?

@Andreatoo

I adore In Bruges.  Have you seen Se_y Beast with Ben Kingsley, Ian McShane and Ray Winstone?  I'd wager you already have, but if you haven't, start popping that corn.

And how 'bout Snatch?

ETA:

Oh, never mind.  Just saw where you'd already seen Snatch.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

Have you seen In Her Shoes?  My fave "chick flick."  The Impossible is another fave.

Fargo, Match Point.  

Looooved In Bruges!

Valued Contributor

I can't remember the last time I saw a good movie. A few weeks back I watched The Revenant and feel like I wasted a piece of my life that I can't get back.
RED came on the other day and I'd forgotten how good that movie was. I think you'd like it from what you listed.
I've been into series lately. I wait until there are enough seasons to binge. The exception was Westworld which I just finished. The concept is interesting and I love Anthony Hopkins. I tend to vascillate between completely different genres. I've blown through Black Sails, Outlander, all manner of masterpiece BBC series (Downton Abbey, Poldark, Granchester, Mr Selfridge), Homeland, Gotham, Walking Dead, Fear the Walking Dead,  and now I'm watching Ray Donovan and Homeland's new season.

Valued Contributor

Oh, The Italian Job (older, but good)

Honored Contributor

@just bee

I don't know why I haven't seen Sexy Beast yet but you're right I do need to see it

Honored Contributor

You asked and I'll deliver:  Go here for a trailer of one movie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lgLm4_fq6GY

Here's another one with a surprise ending:  One of my favorite "gotcha' "  movies at the end.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0309698/

As you can tell I'm a huge John Cusack fan.  He's amazing.

Honored Contributor

@Annabellethecat66

Color me surprised by your choices! I like Cusack also but I don't know anything about 1408 and the trailer didn't work. I saw identity and it was a good film. If you like John Cusack you need to see Being John Malkovich. I highly recommend it

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Andreatoo wrote:

@StraytoStay

I love Sam Rockwell! Which led me to his filmography and I need to see Seven Psychopaths. Did you ever see the movie Jerry and Tom?

Yes, i saw Seven Psychopaths, but I haven't seen Jerry and Tom, but liked all the movies I've seen him in so far such as "Moon", " The Winning Season" & of course "Galaxy Quest"😂

Respected Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@PurpleBunny

I love Tarantino. Also Boyle, Rodriguez, I already mentioned Altman.... I greatly dislike Lynch and Stone!

The hateful eight is a definite go. I completely forgot about it

I forgot to mention the Coen brothers!

My husband had to talk me into Django and Inglorious B's, but I really enjoyed them. Hateful Eight I know by heart at this point!  Jennifer Jason Leigh is AMAZING. 

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo I did see it.  I've seen all of his movies.  Sorry, don't know why it didn't work, maybe you have to go to youtube first.