Re: Recommend me a movie to watch please

Also Nightcrawler

starring Jake Gyllanhal

Requieum for a Dream stars Jared Leto

EYES!!!!  and prepare to feel creepy for a week after both films

Honored Contributor

@Helen Bach
I've seen Requiem and it's a fabulous film. Very disturbing but really really well crafted. I just watched Nightcrawler on Friday I think it was. What a unlikeable awful character Jake was huh?! Good movie and I like the no-frills encapsulated style. A microcosm of ick! LOL
Honored Contributor

@Hayfield

Philomena sounds interesting and I like the cast! Haven't  seen Mare Winningham in anything in quite some time and I think she is underutilized. She's a terrific actress

Honored Contributor

@Leelee1123

Romance is not usually my first choice in genre but I see that it's got high ratings. Please tell me about it

Esteemed Contributor

@Andreatoo, et al thank you for this post.  I have made a list which is very helpful!  LM

Valued Contributor

@Andreatoo: Since you like Tarantino, have you seen Jackie Brown? Inglorious Bastards? IB stars Christoph Waltz; someone else here mentioned liking him. (Love him in Django...not very likeable in IB, though.)  I love that this thread is including a lot of offbeat and indy films! Anyone remember Heathers starring a very young and oh-so-cute Christian Slater???

Respected Contributor

I was just watching Elizabeth with Cate Blanchett. That reminded me of Notes on a Scandal.   Great movie. 

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Respected Contributor

@sallybusky wrote:

@Andreatoo: Since you like Tarantino, have you seen Jackie Brown? Inglorious Bastards? IB stars Christoph Waltz; someone else here mentioned liking him. (Love him in Django...not very likeable in IB, though.)  I love that this thread is including a lot of offbeat and indy films! Anyone remember Heathers starring a very young and oh-so-cute Christian Slater???

Yup!  I mentioned  Christoph too!  Love him. 

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sallybusky

I've seen the Tarantino films with the exception of the Django now and I've seen Heather's but my favorite Christian Slater is still True Romance! Since you ladies seem to have the same taste in film is myself if you haven't already you need to check out director Danny Boyle. Shallow grave, Trainspotting, a life less ordinary, 28 Days Later etcetera. Boyle likes to employ Ewan McGregor in his films