Respected Contributor

Question on winter finale of Grey's Anatomy

So obviously that new doctor was Owen's brother, but at the end Meridith is sitting outside with Owen and says "I didn't know you had a sister" and that's the ending shot for the winter finale - don't get it - sister?  What am I missing? 

Contributor

Re: Question on winter finale of Grey's Anatomy

I believe his brother now was his sister.  Transgender.

Honored Contributor

I just bumped up an old Greys thread with posts on the winter finale included, so you can see it.

Trusted Contributor

I wondered the same thing.  Could think of 2 possibilites:  that he was married to Owen's sister and something happened to her which Owen blames him for, or he is transgendered and was born as Owen's sister.  Kind of don't think it's the later though.

Respected Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

I just bumped up an old Greys thread with posts on the winter finale included, so you can see it.

Thanks, but how to I access it?  I went under TV and Movies and didn't see any prior Grey's posts.

Respected Contributor

@soonersis wrote:

I wondered the same thing.  Could think of 2 possibilites:  that he was married to Owen's sister and something happened to her which Owen blames him for, or he is transgendered and was born as Owen's sister.  Kind of don't think it's the later though.

Well, I guess we'll have to wait and see!

Respected Contributor

I thought the new doc was married to Owens sister.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Since they are both surgeons & Owen does not want him in the hospital working maybe he did surgery on their sister & she died???

Respected Contributor

@Nightowlz wrote:

Since they are both surgeons & Owen does not want him in the hospital working maybe he did did surgery on their sister & she died???

@Nightowlz - now that scenario makes complete sense - thank you!!!!!  I think you've got it!

Honored Contributor

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

@Shelbelle wrote:

Thanks, but how to I access it?  I went under TV and Movies and didn't see any prior Grey's posts.

The thread is right below yours entitled Grey's Last Night.