Valued Contributor

Question about Imposters on Bravo

I'm really enjoying this show.  Settings are gorgeous and the plot is pretty good, even though I suspected "Saffron's" latest love-mark might be not as innocent as first thought..  But my question is..Do we give pretty, nicely dressed, slim and trim people bigger passes for bad behaviour?  Considering how much emotional and financial grief she has inflicted on her marks,  Saffron or Maddy or whatever her name is, seems to be able to justify herself by implying her victims had it coming.  Notice that the banker that was killed was chubby and unattractive?  The housekeeper who killed him was made-up to be a frump, but was really nice looking.  Would we be less sympathetic to Maddy if she wasn't as cute and sexy?   I know this is a TV show, but this type of scam probably goes on a lot.  I guess it's the same way as the Housewives, all impossibly slender, Botoxed, hair-extended, never cooked a meal or washed a dish in their life backstabbers.  I'm probably as guilty as the next, but I also make some snap judgements made on looks and the way people are dressed.  

Valued Contributor

Re: Question about Imposters on Bravo

I too enjoy the Imposters....wasn't hooked immediately but it has grown on my husband and I.   I don't know if pretty etc etc people get bigger passes but do know that's all we see on TV expecially as far as women go.

Honored Contributor

I am really enjoying Imposters. I don't feel one bit sorry for Maddie. I don't care if she is thin, fat, gorgeous, hideous or anything else. I think she deserves to have done to her all that she has done to her victims. I am sure that some people believe that beauty should get a pass for terrible behavior ...I am not one of them. I will take a less perfect, kind, nice person over a nasty one any day.

PS-I Can't wait till next weeks episode!!

Honored Contributor

I heard a bunch of younger guys talking about women, and the consensus was that if a woman was hot ( their words ) that they would accept more bad behavior from them. I was disheartened by this but not surprised. I was never an admirer of the bad boys, so it never worked that way for me.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

@bootsanne Yes, I believe so.

I was pulled over in the exact same spot for the exact same offense, several years apart. The first time, they had recently changed the road rules in the area and a lot of people were making the same mistake and I should have just gotten a warning.  However,  I was probably at my heaviest and I looked awful and I got a ticket.  Years later, when I was at my thinnest and I looked great - I did the exact same thing in the exact same spot where by now, I should have known better (I didn't but I do NOW), and I only got a warning. I honestly believe it was because the first time I wasn't as attractive as I was the second time. 

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Honored Contributor

Years ago Dateline or 20/20 did a show about job discrimination when it comes to "looks."

There were 2 "beautiful/drop dead gorgeous" male & female & 2 "ordinary looking a bit overweight" male & female as the test subjects (actors).

All had the exact same qualifications (fake of course).  All went to several different job sites "separately."

Guess which ones got the "job on the spot?"

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Respected Contributor

Interesting twist in the plot on the show. I'm kinda bummed Maddie is being turned into a sympathetic character. I think she deserves what she gets.  She has willingly done her dirty deeds. 

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )