Honored Contributor

Re: Quantico Returned Last Night - Anyone Watch?

@RazorSharp wrote:

I thought it was good, and I'm glad it's back.  The switching back and forth between the training days to the present time is very effective to me.  It shows the lessons they learned in training juxtaposed with the application of those lessons in the field in the present day.  I think it's an effective device to help establish the relationships between the characters while simultaneously providing an alternative, more intense story line.  The writers of "Lost" popularized this flashback technique, and those same writers continued using the device with "Once Upon a Time."  The writers of "Quantico" appear to have 'borrowed' this technique, but they are using it effectively, IMO.

I watched half of it.  I really like the actors.  But the switching back and forth in time really throws me off and I always wind up watching something else.

This old brain needs something simpler.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

@Stargazer77 wrote:

Am I the only one who thinks the lead actress is a terrible actress?  I think she's a popular actress in India, but I just don't care for her.  I do love her hair though!

I like to read TV Line and this show was talked about the other day after it had aired, the commenters gave mixed reviews and one person said they were tired of the flashbacks so they fast forwarded through them.  I hadn't watched it yet at that point and I thought hmmm, that may not be a bad idea.  So that's what I did.  It was enjoyable.  I don't know if I'll stick with it, but we'll see.  I feel like they have enough characters as it is and there's no reason to add a whole new class of agents.

I really like Blindspot.  That one also got mixed reviews on TV Line, but it entertains me. 

Blindspot is another I'm ready to give up on. They are taking so long revealing all this stuff about Jane that frankly, I don't care anymore.  LOL

Trusted Contributor

I too am giving up on this one. I fall asleep watching it.  It is just taking too long. And I am not a fan of the going back and forth from past to present. 

Trusted Contributor

I am, but the last couple of episodes have been tedious.  I feel like I'm on a plane that's  been circling my destination airport for far too long, and I'm really ready for it to land.  There are still 4 more episodes left in he season.  They really didn't need 22 episodes for this storyline to play out.  If they don't reveal the terrorist's identity and wrap this up by the season finale, they are going to lose all their viewers.

Honestly, I sort of feel the same way about "Once Upon a Time" this season as well.  They're quite desperate for ideas.  I mean, they're in hell.  Really?  I'm looking forward to next season's new romance between Mary Poppins and Tarzan.

Respected Contributor

I started to watch last week's episode and I really don't know what's going on anymore. Too much past and present. Too bad, I was enjoying it until the last couple episodes, it's just too all over the place for me. 

I officially deleted it from my DVR recording.

Formerly lainey since Shop Talk days. Had to change nickname due to new Forum
Esteemed Contributor

This 2nd half of the season is really awful, isn't it? There are so many implausible plot lines that I can't even remember them all.

I'm invested in finishing this season, but they better answer questions and have a completely different plot next year.

Speaking of next year, I wonder if/how they can continue the flash backs. Apparently this is a class of superstars and they are close to graduating (after all, they are now caught up with the class before them.)
Honored Contributor

I can't keep track of what's going on anymore.

There are too many flashbacks - flashforwards whatever. 

I'm lost.

Trusted Contributor

I stopped watching about a month ago.  I think the woman who plays Alex is a terrible actress and the stories just got too convoluted for my enjoyment.  It was renewed for a second season, so those of you who enjoy it will continue to do so.  Smiley Happy  

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Esteemed Contributor

@Stargazer77 wrote:

I stopped watching about a month ago.  I think the woman who plays Alex is a terrible actress and the stories just got too convoluted for my enjoyment.  It was renewed for a second season, so those of you who enjoy it will continue to do so.  Smiley Happy  

I agree...Alex is my least favorite on the show.  I rarely watch, but would watch more if she were gone.