Respected Contributor

Project Runway Junior - INCLUDES SPOILERS!

I hate to start a new thread about this show, but it seems we can't post any spoilers in the other thread.

The winning order:

Maya - winner

Samantha - second

Peytie - third

Zachary - fourth

I think Maya or Peytie should have won. I don't get the appeal of Samantha's clothes because they all seem to be the same thing. But usually what I like the judges don't and if I don't like it, they do.

I thought all 4 finalists did a great job. It's hard to believe they are only teenagers!

Formerly lainey since Shop Talk days. Had to change nickname due to new Forum
Honored Contributor

Re: Project Runway Junior - INCLUDES SPOILERS!

I agree with you @lainey1.  It always seems to me that the opposite of what I like or want happens.

My daughter is about to move into a 2 bedroom and office townhouse in Denver.  She's single and doesn't have any children.  She says she got the extra room for me.  I've been there once so far, it's not like I go there all of the time.

Anyway, here's what's funny.  She said, "Mom, I want you to pick out your own furniture and decorate it the way you like it."

I said, "WHAT?  You were raised by me.  You know i don't have a single decorating bone in this body?"  Ha!  My late husband could have been a decorator/architect.  He was amazing.  I just said, "OK".  Ha!

I used to make my own clothes when I worked but they weren't very involved.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for the new thread - I appreciate being able to speak freely.

In general, I was a little disappointed with all of the collections.  I think the designs they created through the season were much stronger.

In fact, I think that's why I'm okay with the finishing order.  

I think Maya had the best inspiration (regardless of whether or not the judges got the field of flowers!)  She was the clear winner to me.  Strangely, she's the only one that I can't recall anything she did through the season - I think it's because of what the judges said during deliberation - she didn't have a clear voice.  Didn't she start the season doing only pencil skirts and crop tops?

Samantha clearly did have a voice and she brought that same voice into the finale, also having the ability to switch it up a little (very little) for the judges' comments.  I have no doubt that her constructions skils were excellent based on comments throughout the season.  But, it was one note and she didn't deserve the win IMO.

Peytie used the same fabric that she used in her winning challenge.  The same fabric. I think she lacked inspiration and defaulted to that challenge; as they said, her construction was also a little off. In fact, I'm surprised she wasn't called out last for those two items.

Zachary was great at the beginning, but was beginning to falter at the end.  He chose the wrong time to try something different with his designs.  His looks were just off to me; not the same as his earlier work.

Honored Contributor

I'm just amazed at what these young people accomplished. I try to remember what I was doing at 14, not much, LOL !

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

I didn't have strong feelings about who I thought should have except that I didn't think Samantha should win. I didn't think she should even been a finalist. I, too, was blown away by what 14 and 15 year olds can do! Overall, however, I enjoy project runway better with adults. Can't wait for the all stars!

Trusted Contributor

I really enjoyed this season. These kids were fantastic and so talented. I thought it was a toss up between Maya and Peytie. Both are so creative.

It was nice to watch the kids. No bad attitudes, swearing, and arguing among themselves.

The adults could learn a lesson or two from them.

Bring back the "juniors"!

Trusted Contributor

Hi @lainey1.

It was fine to speak freely on the other thread!   @newziesuzie stated at the top that there could be spoilers.

I'm on the West coast and just held off looking at the posts and posting my thoughts until I was able to view the show. Ok, sometimes I peaked at the results ahead of time. :-)

No worries and I hope we all have some lively discussion when the All-Stars series starts next week!

I just posted my review of Juniors on the other thread.

Trusted Contributor

I agree with many of you.  I am blown away by what these young folks were able to imagine and execute.  I also found them to be more mature in attitude than many of the " adult" Project Runway contestants.

Honored Contributor

I just posted on the other thread too. I liked the teen version even though I originally didn't think I would. I really like seeing what designers come up with for the challenges whether it be the original version, all- stars, or in this case "kids". I was very impressed with the teens. 

New Contributor

Of all the Project Runway shows the teens and their wonderful personalities are my favorite.