Respected Contributor

At the theater we go to as a family, if you buy a large popcorn you get a refill for free.

So we buy one, dump it into a plastic grocery bag, and get a free refill.  How's that for being cheap?

Respected Contributor

I love the smell of popcorn at the  movies....if you buy a large you get free refills, same as soda, that being said I haven't been to a theater in about ten years or more...don't recall what i saw either...old age, gotta love it...NOT!

Honored Contributor

When we go to the movies my husband usually gets the big box with 'butter'.  I stick my hands in a couple of times but the butter flavor is not to my liking.  Nothing tastes as good as it used to.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Respected Contributor

The Hiway Theatre in Stratford, CT.  It no longer exists - Converted to offices.  Had my first date there.  We saw "Dirty Dancing."  He didn't drive yet, so we walked.  Fun memories!

Respected Contributor

We children went to the movies/cartoons almost every week to the Milford theater in Chicago.

I still love movie popcorn today.

Honored Contributor

@qualitygal wrote:

Just the smell today, reminded me of my favorite movie theater growing up. My favorite one was the State Theater.  Of course the teen years, along came the drive-ins. We had two here. But The State Theater here, is full of magic in the dark, to look at, while you wait for the movie on the big screen. That was a time when it felt like magic.

Did you have a favorite movie theater as a kid?

Yes Fox theater in San Diego.  To this day no popcorn tastes as good.  I don't believe it's there anymore.  It was downtown, back then everything was downtown and it was always fun to go.  Then the malls came and downtown was not the same.

Respected Contributor

purple bunny. first thing love your name on here 2nd what you wrote im finding it ammusing. you would be fine with use we dont eat popcorn at the movies. me bring other snacks with us.

Respected Contributor

@Pooky1 wrote:

purple bunny. first thing love your name on here 2nd what you wrote im finding it ammusing. you would be fine with use we dont eat popcorn at the movies. me bring other snacks with us.

Thanks!

I am getting to be a bid of a curmudgeon, but I consider myself a really considerate movie patron.   I take the plastic off my candy before the movie, I shut off the ringer on my phone and put it in my pocket, I eat quietly, I don't bathe in perfume, if I must talk - I whisper, and I always clean up my trash. I simply want the same courtesy from others on the RARE occasion that I actually get to go to a movie.  Simple common courtesy and manners are so rare today. Sad. 

Oh and GET this - the new thing apparently is to take SELFIES during the movie!!!  I was astounded!!!

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Honored Contributor

@PurpleBunny wrote:

@Pooky1 wrote:

Thanks!

I am getting to be a bid of a curmudgeon, but I consider myself a really considerate movie patron.   I take the plastic off my candy before the movie, I shut off the ringer on my phone and put it in my pocket, I eat quietly, I don't bathe in perfume, if I must talk - I whisper, and I always clean up my trash. I simply want the same courtesy from others on the RARE occasion that I actually get to go to a movie.  Simple common courtesy and manners are so rare today. Sad. 

Oh and GET this - the new thing apparently is to take SELFIES during the movie!!!  I was astounded!!!

I'm with you @PurpleBunny about phones in the theater.  Mainly I wonder why people feel the need to pull their phones out to constantly check/play with it.  The light illuminating from it is annoying even if it's just for a few seconds.  Inconsiderate at best.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Trusted Contributor

I have not thought about this in years, maybe decades, but when I was a teenager I rarely got popcorn at the show.  My go-to treat was getting a "suicide" which was a little bit of all of the soda on tap mixed together and a grape "Charm" sucker ( a large lollipop).  I would dunk the sucker in the drink before putting it in my mouth.  When I think of this now I kind of think "gross" but I sure did like it once upon a time.  Woman LOL