Respected Contributor

Re: Panicked NBC Asked Guthrie To Return Early From Maternity Leave

I think the CBS morning show is good.  Morning Joe and those who follow, also very good.  The rest?  I can't listen to it!  

Trusted Contributor

Chrystaltree wrote:

Of course, they hired Megan to boost their ratings.  Probaby didn't help NBC much but it wonders for her...lol   NBC doesn't get it.  Matt and Al are the problem; too old and grizzly and a turn off to viewers under the age 75 or 80.  They had their day, time to put them out to pasteur but NBC has always had that "protect the men" of Today policy.  GMA is getting a little to "silly circus" to me, I watch CBS This Morning. 

Jane Pauley is the new host of CBS's Sunday Morning Show (excellent by the way) and she's older than both Matt Lauer and Al Roker.  Ironically she was once a co-host on Today.  I find it nice when older people aren't "put out to pasture" as I believe experience and the wisdom that comes with age should be valued.  Unfortunately too often it's usually the younger (and better looking) that TPTB choose. 

Respected Contributor

Speaking of commercials, the amount of them is HIDEOUS!!!!

I'm to the point of not even turning on the TV. IF (big if) I'm interested in a show, the commercial interruptions ruin it for me. Sometimes they last so long, I start channel surfing & forget what I was originally watching. 

And remember when shows like Fraiser started in Sept., & lasted until May with only a few repeats? Also, the commercials were WAAAAAY less. There was actually a show to watch, instead of commercials with a show sprinkled in. 

I'm so done with TV. I called Comcast....I'm getting rid of them. The last bill stated the monthly total will be going up another $5.00. So, I'd be paying almost $95.00 per month for BASIC cable....no movie channels or any of that. 

I think TV's days are numbered in it's present format. 

Valued Contributor

These shows need to be much Less political and then they would be watchable and ratings would be better. Also need less commercials, sometimes there are 10-15 different commercials in one break. 

Respected Contributor

I agree about LESS politics. We used to be able to turn on a morning show, or a football game without having political views shoved in our faces. Sometimes I just want some light entertainment while I enjoy a cup of coffee. I DON'T CARE what a football player's political views are...ever...NEVER. 

Respected Contributor

I prefer Morning Joe.  They have better guests on their morning show.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@culebra wrote:

I prefer Morning Joe.  They have better guests on their morning show.

I watch all the morning shows for different reasons.  "Morning Joe" does appear to attract the more prominent political personalities.  "Fox and Friends" features a lighter type of programming geared to a variety of information and entertainment.  "New Day" reports more of a straight news format.  Of course, this is only my opinion, YMMV.