Honored Contributor

This wonderful movie, starring Mary Tyler Moore, Timothy Hutton, and Donald Sutherland is coming up with quite a few airings on the Showtime channels beginning on 3/2.

I had a wishlist for it, so was glad to see that my Tivo picked up a recording.

I thought others might be interested in seeing it again.  I haven't seen it for a while.  It's a very good movie!

Honored Contributor

I did rewatch it a few months ago.  It's one of my favorite novels, too.  

The actors were excellent, especially Mary Tyler Moore.

Respected Contributor

Fabulous movie, one of my faves. Tremendous acting.

Honored Contributor

That movie reall showed Mary Tyler Moore's range as an actress, I would like to see it again.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

This is a great movie. 

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt

Thanks for the heads up.   After MTM died, they had marathons of her TV show .... and I thought they'd run this as well.   Finally!

Honored Contributor

Glad to help.  I figured people here might have been looking for it.   Smiley Happy  I know I was, after I saw it mentioned here or somewhere else and I had set up a 'Wishlist' for it on my living room Tivo.

I agree with another poster who mentioned how brilliantly this role showed MTM's amazing range.   Before that, I only remember seeing her in comedic roles.   

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Ordinary People (1980)

[ Edited ]

That's been one of my favorite movies for a long time; I don't know how many times I've seen it. Robert Redford is a fantastic director.

Honored Contributor

Re: Ordinary People (1980)

[ Edited ]

@chickenbutt. Yes, it is a wonderful movie and really showed how great an actor MTM was.  She could play any part and play it well no matter her age.  What a great talent she was.

Honored Contributor

It might be time to watch it again.  I saw it when it was released and absolutely hated the mother.