Super Contributor

I especially liked The Edge of Night and characters from Santa Barbara.  Of course Guiding Light and As the World Turns were also favorites.  I'm  so tired of the repeated/long drawn out story lines  on Young & Restless and Bold & Beautiful.  I've pretty much stopped watching them.  I have no interest in the yapping onThe View or other talk shows; perhaps my age is showing??!!

Honored Contributor

@nomless wrote:

Kevin Bacon got his start on Guiding Light.

Yep.  His character was TJ Werner and I've been a fan ever since.   

Esteemed Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

Soap Net used to do that.  I saw Ryan's Hope for the first time through several seasons that way.  I miss that channel.  

----------------------------

While working, I often relied on Soap Net to catch me up on GH!!

Honored Contributor

I was just talking with a friend and we were saying that it would be great to be able to get a boxed set of Edge of Night, Guiding Light, As the World Turns and Love is a Many Splendered Thing.  These were our mothers' favorites and since they were friends we watched them to.

Esteemed Contributor

@kelsey17 wrote:

@Imadickens wrote:

Maybe it's just me, but I would LOVE to see the old soaps run from the very beginning! Maybe just the hit shows like OLTL and  The Doctors to name a few.

Yes...it would be nice if they were available at least on DVD

That's a great idea.

I do have the DVD set of Dark Shadows, but I'd love to have some of the old soaps like As the World Turns, my mother used to watch that.

I think they were a lot better back then.

I don't watch any today.

Honored Contributor

I remember a lot of these from my grandmother watching them when I was ten or so!  I had no idea they continued!  Amazing!

Esteemed Contributor

@colliegirls wrote:

I would love a DVD of Guiding Light and As the World Turns to watch on rainy weekends!!

Guiding Light and As the World Turns were my favs too!!!

Valued Contributor

I agree with you guys.  Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

@nomless: Yes, I remember adorable Kevin as TJ! Wasn't his mom one of Springfield's therapists? (And you know on a soap opera, of course they all go to the same one.)  A few years ago I saw him in an interview. He said the writers were either going to give him a teenage alcoholism storyline, or have him involved with an older woman. He was very disappointed when they went with the alcoholism one. Smiley Frustrated

Respected Contributor

@sallybusky wrote:

@nomless: Yes, I remember adorable Kevin as TJ! Wasn't his mom one of Springfield's therapists? (And you know on a soap opera, of course they all go to the same one.)  A few years ago I saw him in an interview. He said the writers were either going to give him a teenage alcoholism storyline, or have him involved with an older woman. He was very disappointed when they went with the alcoholism one. Smiley Frustrated

@sallybusky, I didn't like TJ, and as a result, I never liked Bacon in any other role, lol!