Honored Contributor

Re: OK SOAP Fans Let's Discuss Our Favorite Thanksgiving Scenes from Past Years...All Soaps Included

I can't remember any show's specific Thanksgiving episode but I do know that they aren't as meaningful in recent years as back in the day.

ATWTs, Another World, Passions (where I first saw Justin Hartley and loved him), Y&R, Search For Tomorrow and others that I can't recall right now, really dwelled on family togetherness and the meaning behind the holiday.  I don't remember how Thanksgiving was done on B&B except how Hope, in the last two of her years there, would make everyone at the table say something nice about the person sitting next to them.  Memory lapse on my part prior to that.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

Re: OK SOAP Fans Let's Discuss Our Favorite Thanksgiving Scenes from Past Years...All Soaps Included

[ Edited ]

@LoriLori wrote:

This is also one of my favorite soap favorites ever.

On Passions when everyone started arguing and Tabitha Lenox (played by the wonderful Juliet Mills with great humor) turned everyone at the table into a turkey.  It was hilarious and they used real turkeys.

@LoriLori

LoriLori, I remember that.  It was sooo funny.  I couldn't watch the show everyday (can't remember why) but Tabitha was a lark.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Honored Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie, it's gotten to the point I only watch Y&R if I see Justin Hartley will be on.  The rest of the stories don't hold my interest.  And don't get me started on DAYS, they are delivering incredible drama, well-acted and produced with nighttime quality but it is incredibly depressing.  Whoever decided to kill Bo at Thanksgiving time should...be turned into a turkey by Tabitha Lenox!

Honored Contributor

Sure wish Passions hadn't been cancelled. Besides the turkeys, they did a great Christmas storyline: I think it had to do with a woman prison escapee.
Respected Contributor

I still keep hoping that the Newman's will have a family dinner for Thanksgiving with all the children and for one meal everyone being thankful and getting along. Like others have said, seems those days are gone in the soap world! The mention of the Hugh's family and Bauer family bring back so many memories.
Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 Do you remember Bob and Lisa and everything that went on?  Do you remember ..... was it Mada?  I can still see Nancy and I've heard Julianna Moore often talks about As the World Turns when she was on there.

She said she learned a lot and has many fond memories of being there.  I, like you and so many others go way back on the soaps.

Remember Snapper (William Gray Espy) was that his name?  Remember his mom?  I can see her face.  I've seen her on things (mainly commercials as recently as a few years ago.

Here's what I've often said, "I think one of the worst (one) is if you lost your memory of things that bring you comfort about shows you watched and your life.  When you get old and have made most of your memories, it's comforting to pull them back out of your head and heart and remember way back when.  GOD has given us the ability to not dwell on the bad parts and that lets us enjoy the good parts.

Phew!  I'm and a Hallelujah mood!  Ha!  Just like to remember with all of you.

Honored Contributor

@AuntG wrote:
Sure wish Passions hadn't been cancelled. Besides the turkeys, they did a great Christmas storyline: I think it had to do with a woman prison escapee.

@AuntG, Norma Bates!  The female version of Norman Bates from Psycho!  That was hilarious with her and Edna and the orangutan!

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

No Y&R today. or thurs and fri for that matter. LOL

Not so.  Tomorrow is the last day of November sweeps, there's a new show and expect a big cliffhanger.

Honored Contributor

Yeah, that's wed. I was talking about Tues. Thurs and friday

Honored Contributor

I remember one yr at the Newman ranch that dog that Victor had ate the turkey and tore off the tablecloth. What a mess. that dog would had been gone after that. LOL