Honored Contributor

Re: New shows you are dissapointed in.....

The actor playing MacGyver was the "star" in a really silly, dumb movie called "Monster Truck" or something like that.    I saw the trailer several times & I can't watch him in MacGyver without thinking about what a dumb character he played in the movie

And I agree, he's way too young

@colliegirls wrote:

@chiclet wrote:

Macgiver....wanted to like but bores me to death

I agree.  He is not a good actor and is too young for the part to be believable.

Esteemed Contributor

The Good Place.  I keep watching, hoping it will improve.

Trusted Contributor

@spot555 wrote:

I'm to the point where I don't even bother. If if I DO like a network show, all the commercials do me in. What is it now, about 50/50 show to commercials ratio? And the sets of commercials in the evening usually advertise the networks own shows. Over, & over, & over. The commercials go on so long, I forget where the actual show left off.

I hate the commercials so much I now DVR everything I like.....and forward thru the commercials....

Trusted Contributor

Starting to get irritated with Designated Survivor. Thought it would be a different show than what it is becoming.

Frequent Contributor

Loved the first couple of episodes of "This Is Us"...now, getting tired of it. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Wsmom wrote:

The Good Place.  I keep watching, hoping it will improve.

It had such a cute premise and the first show was promising but now it just doesn't make sense and sadly, just stinks.

Esteemed Contributor

American Housewife.  I liked Katy Mixon so much in Mike and Molly, not so much in this show.  

Honored Contributor

MacGyver - boring.  Superstore doesn't seem as funny as the first year.  Outside of Chicago Med and SVU nothing is really holding my attention. 

Esteemed Contributor

American Housewife 

The writing is awful - great cast of characters just  terrible scripts.

Kevin Can Wait 

Kevin James is Kevin James and he is funny but he is the same character he played in King of Queen and it was hysterical show so just bring back Carrie cause this new wife doesn't fit the part and the kids story lines seem way off.

Respected Contributor

@hopi ITA.

Sit-coms are the first shows I check out. I watched about 1/2 of Kevin Can Wait and decided to let him keep waiting. It lacked the seasoning that Carrie and her father gave King of Queens.

I had high hopes for American Housewife but agree with you about it needing better writing. There is just too much going on I think.Too many situations and not enough comedy !  The son seems very unreal to me sort of an unlikeable/bratty Alex Keaton (Family Ties).