Trusted Contributor

New TNT series THE LIBRARIAN starring Noah Wyle (ER) & Christian Kane (LEVERAGE)

WOW! Just found out one of my favorite actors will be filming in Portland for 10 episodes at least: Noah Wyle (who I loved on ER) will be doing a series THE LIBRARIAN (3 TNT films have already aired over the years). Christian Kane, from the late, lamented LEVERAGE is also in the cast - as well as John Larroquette (NIGHT COURT & McBRiDE) & Bob Newhart, WOW! LEVERAGE would film near me & GRIMM parks across the street now & then, hope I can finally see some actors from this new series.

noah-wyle-thelibrarian.jpg

At last, TNT has officially announced what has already been evident here in Portland -- "The Librarians" is a go. The new series, which has begun production in Portland, is a spinoff the three "Librarian" TNT TV-movies.

As The Hollywood Reporter notes, Noah Wyle, who starred in the three "Librarian" TV movies that aired on TNT, will reprise his role as Flynn Carsen as well as executive produce the new series. Wyle will also continue to star in TNT's "Falling Skies."

The cast also includes Rebecca Romijn, Christian Kane (who co-starred in "Leverage," which also filmed in Portland, and was produced by Dean Devlin's Electric Entertainment, which produced both the "Librarian" TV-movies and the new series.)

The cast also includes John Larroquette, Lindy Booth, John Kim, and Bob Newhart and Jane Curtin reprising their roles from the TV movies.

Here's more info about the show, from THR:

Librarian creator Dean Devlin (and his Electric Entertainment) will return to executive produce alongside John Rogers and Marc Roskin, the latter of whom served as a co-EP on all three films...

The new series, which will bow in late 2014, will center on four people from around the world who are enlisted to assist Flynn as "Librarians": members of an ancient organization hidden beneath the Metropolitan Public Library who are dedicated to protecting an unknowing world from the secret, magical reality and protecting the artifacts housed in the library.

Romijn will star as Eve Baird, a highly skilled counterterrorism agent who is responsible for protecting the group and keeping them all alive. John Larroquette (Night Court) will oversee the new team of Librarians as the cantankerous Jenkins, an expert in ancient lore who has been working out of the Library's branch office for longer than anyone knows.

Christian Kane (Leverage, Angel) will play Jake Stone, an Oklahoma oil worker with an IQ of 190 and an encyclopedic knowledge of art history.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: New TNT series THE LIBRARIAN starring Noah Wyle (ER) & Christian Kane (LEVERAGE)

Thanks for posting - will definitely check this out. In an aside, I have totally been watching the Leverage reruns on Ion. Loved that show!
Trusted Contributor

Re: New TNT series THE LIBRARIAN starring Noah Wyle (ER) & Christian Kane (LEVERAGE)

On 4/11/2014 Alter Ego said: Thanks for posting - will definitely check this out. In an aside, I have totally been watching the Leverage reruns on Ion. Loved that show!

I thought the 4th season dragged, but picked up in their 5th & last year - was very sad to see it go, it was DIFFERENT, & I am sure the actors liked playing diff roles every week. I too miss it but I have my DVDs.

Respected Contributor

I watched the first two Librarian movies. The first one was really good, the second one not so much. I only watched a little of the third one, I though it went off the rails and couldn't get into it.

I like Noah Wylie and Christian Kane but I'm not sure if I have enough interest to watch. I guess it depends on what day and time it airs.

Trusted Contributor

IMT, I agree about the movies. The first was very interesting and enjoyable. I actually bought it a few years ago. The other two movies, I won't comment because others may like them.

I didn't realize the show was going to be a series so I'll set it to tape. It may be good.

OP, since you live in Portland, can you recommend a great neighborhood to live or buy in? My good friend is really considering leaving the City of Angels and moving to Portland or its surrounding area. She rescues dogs and has heard the city is very dog friendly!

Honored Contributor

Isn't Noah Wylie on a TNT show I watch called Falling Skies (I think that's the name)? Does that mean it has been cancelled?

Trusted Contributor

Never fear, Noah will still do TNT's FALLING SKIES too. I presume they're filmed at different times of the year - they're filming LIBRARIAN now in Portland. I don't know where F.S. is filmed (I have not watched it).

Super Contributor

Thanks for the info..

Trusted Contributor

On 4/11/2014 FlowershopGirl said:

OP, since you live in Portland, can you recommend a great neighborhood to live or buy in? My good friend is really considering leaving the City of Angels and moving to Portland or its surrounding area. She rescues dogs and has heard the city is very dog friendly!

Besides Wikipedia, your friend can also check http://www.portland.com/

Yes, we are dog & bike friendly in Portland! But I am sorry, I have always lived downtown, do not know much about house pricing or specifics in other areas, as I have never owned a home, nor have my best friends (apts or rental houses). I would just Google Portland, OR real estate & then Google a specific neighborhood, etc & start from there. I prefer the west side of the Willamette River myself, having always lived there, but do know much of SW & NW are more expensive than the east side. Tigard, Beaverton, Lake Oswego, Hillsboro (West) & Milwaukie, Clackamas (East) cities are the closest suburbs. Downtown has mass transit to almost everywhere (via bus & light rail - our 7th train will open in a couple years to Milwaukie, they just built a new bridge for it) so I don't even own a car (I never have). Multnomah County area is Portland. Washington County area is SW suburbs. Also, Vancouver, WA (in Clark Co.) is just across the bridge & an easy commute - they have sales tax, OR does not (so I believe it is cheaper to live there, except I hate sales tax). This is called the tri-county area. Sorry, I can't be of more help. If your friend has specific questions, maybe I can point her to a website or answer them. I wouldn't live anywhere else but Portland, so I wish her luck! (I have visited N & S CA, WA, NE, IA, TX, FL, CT & NY, so have seen other areas.)

Trusted Contributor

KathyLFan, I apologize for going off-topic, but we are planning to visit Portland either this summer or next, for a short visit. Where should we stay to see all the sights? Anything you would particularly recommend? Thanks so much for your help. We know no one in Portland, so we have to rely on guidebooks or the Internet.