Honored Contributor

A new medical drama, Heartbeat, is starting in March starring Melissa George.  She plays a heart surgeon.

It struck me how much she looks like Lynda Day George, but after looking it up, I found she is not related.

The previews look pretty good.

Melissa George                                  Lynda Day George (blk/wht)

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

Re: New Show "Heartbeat"

[ Edited ]

There was another medical show in 1988 called Heartbeat, it was about a female practice of doctors, I loved it, but it never really made it past one season.

Honored Contributor

Melissa George played a femal doc on Grey's at one time.

Honored Contributor

Re: New Show "Heartbeat"

[ Edited ]

Also stars Dave Annable, from Bros and Sis, DL Hughley and Jamie Kennedy, all as doctors. Starts March 23 on NBC.

Esteemed Contributor

She was great in "The Slap" 

Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach Thanks for the heads up.  Something to look forward to.

Honored Contributor

@Shelbelle wrote:

Also stars Dave Annable, from Bros and Sis, DL Hughley and Jamie Kennedy, all as doctors. Starts March 23 on NBC.

I'm glad to see Dave Annable will be there also.  I loved Brothers and Sisters.  He was the youngest brother. I wish that show had gone on longer.  Funny, it took me a long time before I even watched, then once I started, I couldn't let go!

Honored Contributor

Thanks for posting this.  I haven't heard anything about this show yet.  It sounds good.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@NickNack

I've been meaning to tell you. I love that little French bulldog face.  I haven't read enough of your posts to know whether it's your own dog, although I assume he/she is.  A very special dog I have no doubt!

I don't know any Frenchies personally but through several of the Alex Delaware books (by Jonathan Kellerman), the main character and his wife/partner had a French bulldog that they doted on.  And I've read about these dogs elsewhere, of course.  They do seem to be a delightful breed with lots of personality.

Although, in reality, all dogs are pretty darn wonderful.

Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

@NickNack

I've been meaning to tell you. I love that little French bulldog face.  I haven't read enough of your posts to know whether it's your own dog, although I assume he/she is.  A very special dog I have no doubt!

I don't know any Frenchies personally but through several of the Alex Delaware books (by Jonathan Kellerman), the main character and his wife/partner had a French bulldog that they doted on.  And I've read about these dogs elsewhere, of course.  They do seem to be a delightful breed with lots of personality.

Although, in reality, all dogs are pretty darn wonderful.

Thank you @GingerPeach!  Frankie is a very special dog.  She's 4 years old and has quite the personality.  I've had many different dogs through the years, and she is my first Frenchie.  She may be my favorite dog I've ever had, although they all were wonderful.  I'll have to look up Alex Delaware books.  I haven't heard of them.  

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau