Valued Contributor

Re: New Season of the Haves and the Have Nots, Tuesday, June 30th

My husband and I love this show and I do hope it returns.  What made me want to gag is when David held the evil witch's hand; when is that man going to see her for what she is?

As for Oscar/Brandon, I love that guy and hope he returns.  When Candace was showing Benny her account and it had a big fat zero there, I had to rewind it twice to enjoy that scene.  I'm glad TP threw us a few bones LOL.  It was also funny when Candace was talking to Oscar and telling him to be honest about the money; kind of an oxymoron when the girl knows nothing about honesty.

Now I'm waiting for Veronica to get hers; I also thought it funny when Wyatt and Jeffrey caught Veronica with Benny and hope those pictures are used next season to show David what she's doing.  She accuses him of having an affair and she doesn't have room to talk.  She's her own worst enemy and I think she'll soon have to answer for her evilness.

Off topic, is anyone watching "If loving you is wrong"?  We're going to watch that tonight and see what happens from last season. 

Honored Contributor

HisElk, I'm right with you on all of your points, especially with David holding that adulteress' hand....it just made me nauseous for a second.  I wish she would have at least gotten shot in the arm, foot, someplace.

As for If Loving You Is Wrong, no I don't watch that one.  It didn't move me or something.  It took me a minute to get into Have And Have Nots but I'm hooked now.  I considered it junk, lol.  Actually, it is still junk but it's my junk now.

I love Tyler Perry but I can only take him in small doses.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)
Valued Contributor

@Mmsfoxxie wrote:

HisElk, I'm right with you on all of your points, especially with David holding that adulteress' hand....it just made me nauseous for a second.  I wish she would have at least gotten shot in the arm, foot, someplace.

As for If Loving You Is Wrong, no I don't watch that one.  It didn't move me or something.  It took me a minute to get into Have And Have Nots but I'm hooked now.  I considered it junk, lol.  Actually, it is still junk but it's my junk now.

I love Tyler Perry but I can only take him in small doses.

Oh, I hear you regarding your last sentence.  We just got done watching the above mentioned show.  While it's "ok", the first show after last season went very, very slow.  It's like it gets nowhere and before  you know it, the hour is up.  Not really sure if we will continue with it.

Esteemed Contributor

Now that I'm thinking about the targets Jim ordered why wouldn't he include the actual rapist in prison as well as the guard that let it happen.  I'm thinking Veronica will dodge this "bullet" in the new season and I'm sure David and Jim's relationship will change.

Did anyone notice how coy Veronica was acting with Benny at the autoshop she was saying that they have to end the affair but she still wants to continue.  I thought that was funny and Benny sure picked up on let's continue the affair.

There is still a lot of things left open we don't even know for sure if Quincy is really dead I mean he should be but in these stories you never know.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Valued Contributor

@catwhisperer wrote:

@Luvitorleaveit1 LOL...knowing Quincy, he probably hasn't used up all of his nine lives yet. He just might jump up off the floor.

Bwahahaha, Catwhisperer!  You made me LOL.  I needed a good one today; thanks!

Honored Contributor

I don't know.  They stabbed him pretty good!  You could see that he was definitely bleeding out but I suppose you never know for sure!  Smiley Wink

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Honored Contributor

I'm really a big fan of Tyler Perry also, although I have to say that I enjoy his dramas a lot more than his sitcoms.  Usually, the sitcoms are too screamy for me.  But he did a couple of drama movies that I can watch over and over.

Plus I've really been enjoying this show and his other drama 'If Loving You is Wrong' which just started S02.

I don't watch his current sitcom on OWN, as it has this one woman in it who is particularly screamy.  I forgot her name, but she guest-hosted on 'The Chew' a few times and I just couldn't handle her.   She's lovely, but just too screamy and 'me me me' for my taste.

I guess we'll see what the deal will be with Quincy but I have a feeling that he is all used up and there will be another really bad guy - like we need another really BAD guy with Veronica on the scene, eh?  Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

Ok, I just looked up 'Tyler Perry Movies' and found the two dramas that I really like - 

1)  Good Deeds

2)  The Family That Preys

If any TP fans haven't seen these two movies yet, I'd really recommend them both.