Honored Contributor

I see there's also another makeover show ala Chip and Joanna, featuring yet another couple, this time from Mississippi rather than Texas... It's not for me... One "couples doing makeovers that all look alike" show is enough for me... It appears HGTV hasn't had an original idea since QVC had one...

Woman Surprised Woman Wink

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Valued Contributor

I saw an interview with Christina on one of those entertainment shows last week. She implied they were involved in the new Flip or Flop shows.  If that is the case, I want nothing to do with them. I don't like the idea they. Willl continue to make money off the name when it was (I thought at least) a network concept. 

Valued Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

I see there's also another makeover show ala Chip and Joanna, featuring yet another couple, this time from Mississippi rather than Texas... It's not for me... One "couples doing makeovers that all look alike" show is enough for me... It appears HGTV hasn't had an original idea since QVC had one...

I liked Chip and Joanna a lot the first year but the distressed style she gravitates toward is not one I particularly care for. Sometimes - yes based on the house.  They are branching out with a magazine, marketing the silos and are all about marketing the image. I still like them, just don't watch as much. 

Honored Contributor

@Ilovetea wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

I liked Chip and Joanna a lot the first year but the distressed style she gravitates toward is not one I particularly care for. Sometimes - yes based on the house.  They are branching out with a magazine, marketing the silos and are all about marketing the image. I still like them, just don't watch as much. 

I felt like I'd seen everything they had to offer after about four shows... But what can I say, I just don't care for them or their style... Now that they're a 'brand' they seem to be everywhere, especially her...

Honored Contributor

Re: New Flip or Flop Show

[ Edited ]

@Ilovetea wrote:

I saw an interview with Christina on one of those entertainment shows last week. She implied they were involved in the new Flip or Flop shows.  If that is the case, I want nothing to do with them. I don't like the idea they. Willl continue to make money off the name when it was (I thought at least) a network concept. 

I don't have heartburn with them staying invovled just because they're splitting up, but it seems odd to me... House flipping isn't exactly a new concept and theirs is far from the only or first show to feature people flipping houses.