Valued Contributor

I've given up on HGTV.  Bringing other couples for shows doesn't make it anymore interesting for me. There was a couple who did this out of Las Vegas already that is seen in HGTV reruns on another channel. 

What about going back and being true to their channel name? No garden shows whatsoever.  The only show I might watch is Househunters et al., if it is a place I want to hear about. 

And on that same issue, Food Network should change their name to Chopped. Travel channel should be Mystery and weird food.

Respected Contributor

It seems like HGTV finds something that people enjoy at first & then, runs it into the ground & saturates the airwaves with it.   Many shows, I liked initially, but after so many iterations, it gets boring, like all the House Hunters variations.

Honored Contributor

I am so bored with the current programming on HGTV. Here are some of the old shows from HGTV that I watched and miss and would love to see some of these come back.

Designer's Challenge

Design On A Dime

Divine Design

Color Splash

Hidden Potential

Designed to sell

Designing for the Sexes

We have way too many of the same type shows on HGTV right now and it has become mundane and boring!!!!

Respected Contributor

Re: New Flip or Flop Show

[ Edited ]

I agree that many of the older shows were far more interesting than the shows they push tody.  Lottery Dream Home is a flop. Property Brothers are ok, but not for a whole evening.  I still like Love It or List It, but the spin off

" Too" is boring. There are no gardening shows. Flip/Flop has  been getting boring for a while now. Nothing but grey and white. I don't care if it's a popular decorating style; not everyone wants to live in plain vanilla. Too predictable.  Let's have some color!!

I enjoyed the show that improved the Curb Appeal of a house that was really outdated or needy.  I liked the show that found rental properties for folks. There was one good show, well hosted, house hunting, can't recall host's name. Then they brought in Egypt as a spiin off and it was overkill. Just because something works doesn't mean clone it.  Now we are faced with more of the renovation shows - too much. Lots of good shows down the tubes.

I feel that relationships on shows are significant. Flip/Flop was as much about the relationship between Christina and Torek as it was about redoing the kitchen. The change has been obvious since the birth of their son. It's been as obvious on the shows as Christina's growing ego.  I think one of the main reasons Fixer Upper is so well received is the relationshp between the stars. This has become my absolute favorite show, and I love it when they include their children and/or their parents. 

Esteemed Contributor

@lovesthedesert Sorry for the loss of your son.  Lots of marriages just run their course and folks move on. 

The Vegas couple mentioned was Scott and Amy Yancy in Flipping Vegas. 

Sorry, I didn't care at all for the Fixer Upper show or that couple.  Now, THEY have lots of ego in mho. 

Never cared for the show over in Boston with the men always fighting and yelling at each other - not why I watch rehab shows. 

I did enjoy Nicole Curtis on Rehab Addict.  Don't think she's doing more shows though. 

Miami Flip is also of interest.  Carolina is full of energy and I am impressed as to how she renovates and stages the homes she re-does. 

Zombie House flip isn't too bad but, it's the same old shows over and over. 

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust
Respected Contributor

@Jackson08 wrote:

Does anyone know the name of the Fixer Upper spin-off show.  I heard about it a while ago, but can't remember the name.  It might be something to check out.

What I can't stand anymore is the Property Brothers.  I turn the channel as soon as I hear it's on.

@Jackson08

I agree!  Especially when they try to be funny!  They're so NOT funny or cute!

Respected Contributor

I especially liked John Gidding on Curb Appeal!!!

john gidding.png

Respected Contributor

Love Roses, I follow Nicole Curtis on Facebook & it sounds like she's in the process of filming a new season of Rehab Addict.  She relocated from Minneapolis to her hometown of Detroit, I think.

Honored Contributor

Yes when she cheated with their contractor

Awkward!

@elated wrote:

@Perkup wrote:

I believe these shows are based on the original Flip & Flop series, but I think the original will continue. I enjoyed the show, BUT I have a real problem with people who get involved in affairs while they are still married, especially so when there are children involved. The show seems phony to me now. And the ever arrogant Christina makes everything grey and white anyway, so things are very predictable on their show.

I read that Flip & Flop will no longer be on in 2017. I guess it is hard to work with your ex and still maintain a false relationship.

Honored Contributor

And Scott McGillvrey on Income Property!

@fortune wrote:

I especially liked John Gidding on Curb Appeal!!!

john gidding.png