Super Contributor

Netflix: Making A Murderer (The Steven Avery Story)

Is anyone watching this?  It was released about a week ago and is causing quite the uproar in Wisconsin.  

Steven Avery was wrongly convicted of a brutal r@pe and spent 18 years in prison until he was cleared by DNA.  During his civil suit against the local government he was charged with murdering a woman.

Two newly graduated film makers from New York came to Wisconsin to cover this second trial and ended up working on this project for 10 years.  It is now a complete 10 part series being shown on Netflix.

Valued Contributor

Re: Netflix: Making A Murderer (The Steven Avery Story)

I binge watched it for two days earlier this week.  Although it certainly isn't "holiday fare", I could not stop till it was over!! I found it well done, riveting, frustrating, shocking, scary, thought-provoking, captivating, and lots more.  It is right up my alley though--I think I should have have gotten a law degree instead of one in English.  LOL

What do you think @MikafromTopeka ??

KK

Respected Contributor

I was just reading about this the other day.  I think it's something I would like.  I, also, read those who like Serial and The Jinx will probably like this docu-series, too.  

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Honored Contributor

I watched it, what a failure of the legal system. 

Honored Contributor

I'm familair with the story.  Innocent of the first charge, gets out and then commits one of the most horrible crimes ever, inflicted on a person who was there at the wrong time.  At least he is back in and never did get a dime from his law suit.  That was some scary guy.

Super Contributor

KarlaKaye, DH and I have watched the first four episodes but he just got so upset and angry that he can't watch anymore so I have to watch the rest of it by myself. 

Super Contributor

Songbird1, that is exactly how I felt about Steven Avery until I started watching this series.

Trusted Contributor

Thanks for staring this thread. I remember hearing about Steven Avery in regard to the second case but not the first. 

Having watched the 1st episode all I can say is what a travesty of justice! 

It will be interesting to see the next episodes -- which hubby and I will binge watch. 

Valued Contributor

@MikafromTopeka  I didn't even ask my DH to watch it---he would have had the same reaction as yours!!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I've watched the first 8 episodes so far - two episodes left that I hope to get to this weekend, so I don't know what happens with the kid yet.

There is just so much wrong here that I don't think I have words.

Since it's not a spoiler thread I won't go beyond that, but just wow!