Esteemed Contributor

NCIS 10/07 - young Dr Mallard

I thought this episode was marvelous. The casting of the young Donald was perfect. The story was great. It is in my top 2! My #1 was with Charles Durning as the medal of honor winner trying to turn himself in.

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Honored Contributor

Re: NCIS 10/07 - young Dr Mallard

I saw the advertisements for this. Didn't see the show. Saw the 'young Ducky'. Loved seeing him.

I remember The Man From U.N.C.L.E. It was one of my and my late husband's shows. Loved it. Remember how handsome he was back then.

Thanks for posting this and reminding me. I might look this episode up and watch it (On DEMAND).

I don't usually watch it because I don't like the main character's 'know it all' attitude. I like the man who plays the character, just not the character.

However, I'd like to see 'young Ducky'. Thanks.

Esteemed Contributor

I should not have said medal of honor winner...rather recipient.

My religion is very simple. My religion is kindness ~ Dalai Lama XIV

When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace ~ Jimi Hendrix
Valued Contributor

MamaWick, the show with Charles Durning was the very first NCIS I ever saw and it got me to watch the show. I have since become disenchanted with NCIS and have a sort of love/hate "relationship" with it{#emotions_dlg.laugh}, but that is absolutely one of the best episodes, if not the best episode, they have ever done in the 11+ years they have been on the air.

Respected Contributor

On 10/9/2014 annabellethecat said:

I saw the advertisements for this. Didn't see the show. Saw the 'young Ducky'. Loved seeing him.

I remember The Man From U.N.C.L.E. It was one of my and my late husband's shows. Loved it. Remember how handsome he was back then.

Thanks for posting this and reminding me. I might look this episode up and watch it (On DEMAND).

I don't usually watch it because I don't like the main character's 'know it all' attitude. I like the man who plays the character, just not the character.

However, I'd like to see 'young Ducky'. Thanks.

Yes he had that special something...

Born: September 19, 1933 (age 81), Glasgow, United Kingdom
Frequent Contributor

I am not positive-- but I seem to remember that Charles Durning won and Emmy for that show...I know he was nominated... It is my all time favorite also... Altho I still love this show and all the cast...

Esteemed Contributor

Good show. Enjoyed it. Did you catch Ducky's comment about loving the turtlenecks back then? Didn't he wear lots of turtlenecks on Man From U.N.C.L.E.? Wow, he looks great for 81!

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Esteemed Contributor

I loved this episode as well and will watch it again.

The Dr. Mallard's side of things is easy for me to relate to because I worked for a branch of the mlitary in a not distant position.

Note: Doctors do come off as "know it alls" sometimes, especially if in roles of leadership, as they must "know it all" at much as possible. That is simply the military way. It is even more so in Ortho and Neurosurgery in the private sector. But, you may not know this unless you've worked with the physicians.

Trusted Contributor

I loved man from U.N.C.L.E . I loved the show last week being about Ducky. The guy who played young Ducky did resemble him a lot. I think David McCallum looks great for his age too.

Jessa
New Contributor

Ducky is aging like fine wine--and just as enjoyable.

JB