Honored Contributor

Re: Movie coming out soon: Girl on a train

@roeroe1005 wrote:

I saw the movie last night.  I had read the book quite a while ago and actually forgot some of it.

The movie really, really followed the book!  And it was filmed in my area.  

Did you like it?

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Esteemed Contributor

Saw the movie on Friday. I also read the book a few years ago and remember liking it.

I think it's well cast, especially the three women (although I overheard somebody comment on how difficult it was to tell the blondes apart - I certainly did not have that problem!) Taking place in NY vs England was also a non-issue to me.

My local entertainment guy gave it a "C", and I tend to agree with him. I'm not sure what somebody who hadn't read the book would think - watching the movie, it felt like something was missing. Like, how did Rachel start thinking one way. I thought there was a better progression to the conclusion in the book - or, at least, I believe there was as it was read some time ago. I personally would not recommend the movie, especially if you hadn't read the book. But, that's just my opinion.

But, again, the three women were incredible in their roles. Very well cast, IMO.
Trusted Contributor

Sorry I didn't give my opinion!  I was afraid I would give too much away to anyone who has not read the book.

I thought Emily Blunt played her part very well; but I happen to like her and I love her hubby.  I thought Megan slept around way too much!!Woman LOL

The movie was a little draggy in parts, but I'm glad I saw it.  It was filmed in the area around me so I was just as interested to see if I recognize any of the sites (such a tourist!).

But to be honest, if you read the book, you saw the movie.  The movie followed the book almost to a "T".

Honored Contributor

I saw the movie yesterday.  I liked it.  I didn't love it.

Emily Blunt was fabulous in it!

Honored Contributor

@Alter Ego wrote:
Saw the movie on Friday. I also read the book a few years ago and remember liking it.

I think it's well cast, especially the three women (although I overheard somebody comment on how difficult it was to tell the blondes apart - I certainly did not have that problem!) Taking place in NY vs England was also a non-issue to me.

My local entertainment guy gave it a "C", and I tend to agree with him. I'm not sure what somebody who hadn't read the book would think - watching the movie, it felt like something was missing. Like, how did Rachel start thinking one way. I thought there was a better progression to the conclusion in the book - or, at least, I believe there was as it was read some time ago. I personally would not recommend the movie, especially if you hadn't read the book. But, that's just my opinion.

But, again, the three women were incredible in their roles. Very well cast, IMO.

Initially I thought the 2 blondes looked very similar.  I ended up eing able to tell the difference.  Megan was the more attractive one, but they both were pretty.

Honored Contributor

might be interjested in this thread.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee Thanks!  I tried to find it but .... obviously, found everything but.  I'm sure she appreciates it....Smiley Happy