Super Contributor

Modern Family - Season Finale 5/21, The Wedding

I love this show, just started watching it this year and have caught up on most of it watching the rerun marathons.

Does anyone else love this show??

Honored Contributor

Re: Modern Family - Season Finale 5/21, The Wedding

Yes. LOVE. Can't watch the wedding because of the Survivor finale but I'll watch it On Demand. IMO this is one of the funniest shows ever and the Emmy and Golden Globe voters agree Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

I caught on to this show late, but I do find it so funny! Some of the lines are a wonderful play on words! Some very PC concepts are dealt with in such a humane, but funny way! Like all the characters in this show!

Valued Contributor

Can't wait for the wedding!
Super Contributor

Thanks to VOD, finally I got to see both parts of the season finale. "The Wedding" was non-stop hilarity. Nathan Lane as Pepper the Wedding Planner, deftly dealing with a multitude of disasters, was one of the funniest portrayals ever. Kudos to the multi-faceted Lane for his ability to shift gears from comedy to drama several times this season, simultaneously playing OTT wedding planner Pepper Saltzman on Modern Family to practically OCD forensic accountant-turned-attorney Clarke Hayden on The Good Wife.

I couldn't help wondering where was Shelley Long as Jay's first wife, DeDe Pritchett? It's not as if she has a lot going on these days career-wise. Her IMDb filmography lists only one recent credit, A Matter of Time, currently in post-production. One can't help wondering if her absence from "The Wedding" was due to the diva behavior that Long reportedly displayed while on Cheers, and she wasn't invited back to guest star on Modern Family as Mitchell and Claire's mother.

'Modern Family's' 'The Wedding' Finale: Where Was Shelley

Frequent Contributor

I only watched part of the first season it got old pretty fast.

Respected Contributor

I just started watching the show a few months ago. I LOVE it. The characters are ALL great! Lily cracks me up...loved it when the dads kept misplacing her. The 2 dad parents are so imperfect....SO FUNNY!

Super Contributor

On a repeat of Jimmy Kimmel Live last night, guest Nathan Lane said that there'd been talk about spinning off his character into his own show, A Dash of Pepper, but he sees the character as "more of a spice than a main dish." I don't know whether he was kidding, but it wouldn't be the worst idea for a sitcom.

Modern Family has a large ensemble and they work so well together. I didn't care for Lily 2.0 at the start because she seemed like a stereotypical sitcom sarcastic little brat. Now, perhaps owing to better writing and better acting because she's older, Lily's funny, especially when she makes wry observations in her deadpan style about her two dads. Dropping her through the after-hours chute at the cleaners to retrieve Cameron's tuxedo was hilarious. Even funnier was Lily getting caught on the conveyor contraption.

Super Contributor

I just LOVE the show. The more I watch it, even the repeats, the more I LOVE it!!

Honored Contributor

I agree Bonnie! I love the show too. You know this show hold up. It is one of the few shows I will watch the same show more than once and it is funny each time.

It is a good and funny show. (I think I made a silly joke). Like Good and Plenty (candy).