Honored Contributor

Re: Michael Strahan 19 year old daughter brain cancer

I don't see any need to put down people because this wasn't posted sooner. A lot of people, including me, don't follow or even look for celebrity news.

Honored Contributor

I don't know why just starting the thread wasn't enough.  Scolding fellow posters seems very unseemly, especially considering the subject matter.

I saw this news yesterday also.  This forum is not my be all, end all, definitive place to post on everything.  I know I had several conversations about this brave young lady on my FB account with family & friends.

Praying for her, and her family, going through this devastating health crisis. 

Valued Contributor

My husband has brain cancer (diagnosed in 2007), went through chemotherapy and radiation and is currently doing just fine. Tumor is still there but shrunk some after treatment. I’m hoping for the same outcome for her!
Respected Contributor

This was on every major news channel from CBS, NBC, ABC, Fox, MSNBC, etc.  I am sure the celebrity news outlets covered it as well but that is not from where I get my news.  This type of cancer is very rare and mainly in young children. 

Valued Contributor

I, for one, have never understood why people post things on here that are already fully covered by the news media.  Shootings, disasters of one kind or the other. etc.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Somertime wrote:

I am in shock that this has NOT been mentioned at all on these forums!  All the trite, inconsequential, topics brought up on these forums like Housewives, Sister Wives, Kanye West...............not one word about a 19 year old in her first year of college being handed a devastating diagnosis of brain cancer with a tumor the size of a golf ball and not a mention on these forums.  Truthfully, don't know why I am surprised!

There but for the grace of God, it could be my child.  My support and prayers go to this family.  She has a long road ahead.

Are you serious?! I don't keep track of celebrities and definitely don't keep up with their kids. Furthermore, other 'regular folk' go through this and more so why would you expect kids of famous people to be so deserving of this much attention?? smh

Hope she has a good outcome.

Respected Contributor

I hadn't heard anything about this.

I will keep her and her family in my prayers. They must be so frightened.

Super Contributor

@Somertime wrote:

I am in shock that this has NOT been mentioned at all on these forums!  All the trite, inconsequential, topics brought up on these forums like Housewives, Sister Wives, Kanye West...............not one word about a 19 year old in her first year of college being handed a devastating diagnosis of brain cancer with a tumor the size of a golf ball and not a mention on these forums.  Truthfully, don't know why I am surprised!

There but for the grace of God, it could be my child.  My support and prayers go to this family.  She has a long road ahead.

@Somertime   Dramatic much? 

Trusted Contributor

Well then, kudos to you for posting it here in such a heroic fashion and then additionally and sanctimoniously scolding others for not doing so. Really? 

I just saw the video last evening and it was both heartbreaking and heartwarming. I thought of Michael and his lovely daughter, Isabella, through the evening and night with prayers and good wishes for them both. But I truly never thought about coming here and blasting others for the topics they choose to post or not post about. Woman Frustrated   

Honored Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

My sister-in-law fought brain cancer for 6 years and died Sept 2023. It is a cruel disease that robs people of their ability to do a lot of things and changes what they see around them. It's a devastating loss for my brother and their kids (middle and high school aged). 

My BIL died earlier this year from this disease after being diagnosed in 2021.  He was my DH's younger brother.  I hope the daughter has a better outcome.  In my prayers.