Honored Contributor

Michael Jackson Documentary On Showtime

There is a documentary called Michael Jackson's Journey From Motown To Off The Wall on Showtime directed by Spike Lee. If you are a MJ fan I think you will like it. Watching it made me sad. He was such a talent and seemed to be a normal kid. I don't know when it changed. Seeing him during the making of the album you could see the physical transformation already. He looked good I don't know why he didn't think so.I like this album but my favorite of his is Thriller.

Respected Contributor

Re: Michael Jackson Documentary On Showtime

Thanks, I can't keep up with everything I'd like to see. I'll check this out for sure. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Jordan2 - I watched it last night. I LOVE Michael Javkson. It's always so amazing to watch (and listen!) to a real genius in action! His music has always been a part of my life. He inspires me.

Honored Contributor

Pretty good documentary.  Still waiting for Jackie to ask my hand in marriage. whistling.gif

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

I just watched it this morning.  Really good!   It's not a whole-life doc, but I really enjoyed it, covering the time from the beginning of the J5 through the 'Off The Wall' album.

I'm kind of jonesing for a 'part two' that picks up with 'Thriller'.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@chickenbutt wrote:

I just watched it this morning.  Really good!   It's not a whole-life doc, but I really enjoyed it, covering the time from the beginning of the J5 through the 'Off The Wall' album.

I'm kind of jonesing for a 'part two' that picks up with 'Thriller'.  Smiley Happy

I think Spike Lee has done a documentary on Bad. Maybe he will get around to Thriller.

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

@chickenbutt wrote:

I think Spike Lee has done a documentary on Bad. Maybe he will get around to Thriller.

@Jordan2

Yes he did.  Wesley Snipes narriated some of it.  Wesley was one of the main gangsters featured in the Bad video.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Valued Contributor

I'm so sad I don't subscribe to Showtime.   I think Michael Jackson was a musical genius and a man so misunderstood.

The things he had to endure and the lies told about him would severly affect any human being.   

I read a wonderful book (that my niece told me about) called "The Michael Jackson Conspiracy" by Aphrodite Jones.    She was in the courtroom in 2005 and she shares transcripts that show how horrible the procecution was and that they had no case against this dear soul.    Yet, the media never told the true story.   

I hope this documentary will be available on DVD soon.   I watched some of the Super Bowl half-time shows the other night and so remember Michael's performance.  I loved "Heal the World."    I loved what the late Dr. Wayne Dyer called Michael, "a transcendent spirit."    He absolutely loved him.

Thanks for sharing this.  Glad to see other fans here.