Contributor

Melissa McCarthy and Old Navy: Commercial

Agh...our illustrious McCarthy does a commercial. We love McCarthy and we're pretty sure that she only did this ad to show how humble she is about her popularity and awesomeness.

The ad begins with a snow-themed, blue sweater-clad McCarthy, who is standing behind a game show lectern and a game show host, who is behind is own lectern. The crowd is whooping it up and the host says;

"And the category is, Holidays."

McCarthy counters;

"Oooh, that's my sweet spot, Don." She dons a divinely goofy smile as she points in his general direction.

"Honey, how have you managed to make it this far in the game?"

Enthusiastically, she responds with, "I watch your show every day of my life." McCarthy pauses and begins chanting, "Don. Don. Don..."

They continue bantering and McCarthy wins plush towels for her efforts. As the ad continues, the host announces that even though McCarthy is dissatisfied with her winnings, this game show is not Old Navy, who is giving away 1,000,000. He then expounds upon the Old Navy promotion and McCarthy becomes excited by this prospect and runs off the stage in a quest to get to Old Navy. She adds that the host should keep the towels.

http://www.examiner.com/article/melissa-mccarthy-does-old-navy