Trusted Contributor

Re: Married at First Sight- who is watching??

I really liked Sonia and Nick together but I was disappointed with his behavior last night, She appears to be really trying and went out of her way with those dogs.  I know that I wouldn't want them if I wasn't used to dogs being around and afraid of them.  At the beginning,, he said she was beautiful, now what happened.  I don;t get it.

Valued Contributor

I feel so badly for Sonja watching last nights episode back.  How many times did he need to say how unattractive he finds her?  He is beyond boring sober, but a drink or two in and he's obnoxious and just plain mean.  I doubt very seriously he has ever been in any kind of meaningful relationship.  I'm not sure what he thinks he's capable of landing, but I wouldn't hold my breath!  EWWW!!

Honored Contributor

I think it's time for this show to go away after this season.  

Honored Contributor

I have been rooting for Nick and Sonya from the start.  I thought they were so cute together.  After watching Tom and Lillian being so kissy face --- too much --- I thought that these 2 were being more realistic and taking it slow.  They were reserved with each other, which I thought was normal considering the circumstances.  

I am shocked, appalled and disappointed by Nick's behavior and recent outburst!!!  What the heck happened?  I am sure there has to be a lot more that transpired that we are not seeing, at least I would hope so because if not, he's certifiable!

I mean, it was like watching a a volcano just suddenly erupt!  He was so mean to her.  I don't feel there was any call for his vicious verbal attack on her.  He said that he was basically done and that he didn't feel you should have to work at it.  I mean --- c'mon --- you have to work at anything in life that is worthwhile and worth having!  Anything takes effort.  It's like --- was he just play acting for the first couple of weeks and then he decided to show his true colors --- or what?

How did he go from saying all along how much he liked her, that he was attracted to her, etc., etc., to -- he didn't like her at all, was finding her less and less attractive?  I told DH -- it's like he's checked out already.  And then--- he pretty much said --- he checked out!  

I would have left, too!  I am not one to run away and not settle things but I don't feel he left her any choice.  

I saw in the previews when she was talking to one of the "experts" that she admited that they had actually had "se*".  So -- what the heck happened?  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

Anyone watching tonight?

I'm not sure Sonja should stay with Nick. I think he needs a lot of work in the relationship/marriage department.  

Respected Contributor

We just started watching on our DVR.  When Nick made the remark at the start of the show about "not having to work at anything" to make it work is showing is immaturity.

A marriage takes work; plain and simple.  If I were Sonia, I'd stay far away from him, although before the commercial break she states they had secks.  Nick tells the pastor they did not.  So who is lying?  I'm betting on Nick.

Someone else posted about him being boring; I agree.  When he drinks alcohol, he's a nasty drunk and that's not a good thing either.

I guess we'll find out later in the show.  As far as Heather/Derek, I'm just plain tired of the whole thing, but I guess they have to keep showing them as they are part of the experiment.  

Esteemed Contributor

Nick said he didn't say anything about the seks part because he didn't want to embarrass her.  He wanted to make sure it was okay with her first.  So, I don't blame him for that.

OTOH, I don't know how this couple were even matched in the first place.  The guy has two dogs.  The first question that should be asked is "do you like dogs?"  She is deathly afraid of dogs, so that wouldn't work for me.  Those dogs are part of his life and there is no way he is going to get rid of them for someone he doesn't know.  This is not someone he chose.  He said that himself.  I really don't blame him.  She seems to be very needy and keeps saying "he never tells me I'm atractive, etc."..... She needs to grow up and he needs to find someone he is attracted to - all by himself.    He's probably an entirely different person than the one we see....JMO  I think the "experts" failed this couple.  In fact, I think this whole concept is ridiculous.  JMO again  Actually, I think those dogs are very sweet and very attached to him.  They want to like her but she just doesn't like them.  Maybe she should have told that to the "experts" at the very beginning........