Honored Contributor

Mariah Carey On New Year's Rockin Eve

Well that was a mess! She said there was no sound check, probably because she didn't show up for one. Also it seems she would not have been singing live. I feel bad for the crowd who waited 16 hours for her. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Mariah Carey On New Year's Rockin Eve

She is a true DIVA in the worst sense of the word.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Honored Contributor

I despise her, I would not go to see her if some one gave me a ticket. 

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

I like when she put the microphone down & she was still singing and her lips were NOT moving.  It was a JOKE.  The thing is, she cannot hit those high notes anymore and I saw proof of that several years ago.  The way she was acting was a disgrace and the older she gets, the stranger she gets.  Cat Very Happy

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

Good thing they didn't pay to see that display.

Esteemed Contributor

Good grief, can't she sing her own songs???

Honored Contributor

It was sad that she couldn't have made an attempt to make it work rather than throw a hissy fit.  Send her home.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Certainly not MC's first time at the ole' "mess" rodeo.  What a blow to the ego.  I remember a year ago at the Rockefeller tree lighting ceremony, her performance was pretty bad as well, but nothing like tonight.  As far as the people who waited 16 hrs for her performance, that was their choice.

@Jordan2 wrote:

Well that was a mess! She said there was no sound check, probably because she didn't show up for one. Also it seems she would not have been singing live. I feel bad for the crowd who waited 16 hours for her. 

Respected Contributor

The saddest thing  is when a performer is unable to face the fact that their talent is no longer of use.  At some point you reach that age where you no longer can entertain like you used to.  We can't have everything forever. 

Honored Contributor

@Jordan2 wrote:

I agree!  What a mess and embarrassment!

I had some friends over and we were switching channels...first we saw Jennifer Lopez who looked amazing in a scanty sparkly  costume though she only sounded okay.  The girl works out a lot!

Then we switched to see Mariah wearing a similar outfit. Personally I think she should have covered up more all over.  Her figure really doesn't look as hot as she seems to think and the only thing hot with her was her lip singing which was a hot mess! .....She was terrible!