Esteemed Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

I heard last season that Tea Leone and Tim Daly were dating in real life ..... anyone hear any updates?

http://www.people.com/article/tea-leoni-tim-daly-dating-white-house-dinner

Honored Contributor

Re: Madam Secretary

[ Edited ]

@occasionalrain wrote:

@GingerPeach wrote:

According to Sheryl Sandberg (author of "Leaning In"), a woman in a position of power needs a supportive husband who helps and respects her (and her position) in order for her to be able to do her best.  It's a true partnership.

As to the show, I found last night's episode rather frightening, in a real life sense.  

No. A woman does not need a husband to do her best. Sandberg is an overrated nonsense purveyor out to make a buck from gullible women.

@occasionalrain Well, she sure needs SOME sort of support.  Maybe she can hire a personal assistant, or a housekeeper, or, if she has children, a wise child caretaker (not a random babysitter).  If not a husband, she needs someone if she has a household.  

If she's alone, of course she doesn't NEED a husband.  That is not the point.  Sorry if I left out the part about the household.  That makes ALL the difference in what a family's needs are.  I left it out because this thread is about Madam Secretary, and in this show the family is part of the show.

Just so you are reassured, I didn't spend any money on her book.  I saw her on a PBS talk.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Respected Contributor

it is one of my favorite shows also.  They certainly have hired top notch actors.  I think CBS lineup on Sunday is great starting with 60 Minutes, Madam Secretary, The Good Wife and CSI Cyber.  CSI Cyber is probably my least favorite, but I like seeing all of the possible technology.  Also Patricia Arquette is a very good actress.  Good move to bring in Ted Danson.

Respected Contributor

@culebra wrote:

it is one of my favorite shows also.  They certainly have hired top notch actors.  I think CBS lineup on Sunday is great starting with 60 Minutes, Madam Secretary, The Good Wife and CSI Cyber.  CSI Cyber is probably my least favorite, but I like seeing all of the possible technology.  Also Patricia Arquette is a very good actress.  Good move to bring in Ted Danson.

I wasn't sure that I would like Ted Danson in that role because I really enjoyed the other actor.  However I was pleasantly surprised.  He brings a new perspective into the show.

Honored Contributor

@BabyYoda@J Town Girl@culebra@GingerPeach

"Madam Secretary" is just the best! Love the actors and the great ( sometimes scary) story lines.

CSI Cyber is another one I really enjoy. I like it for its Science/Tech theories.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

I tried to watch this show in the beginning but I just didn't get it.

Then I tried again because some of the people here like it so much.  At that time her husband was a college instructor and he was negotiating some kind of deal with the leader of another country who just happened to be the student's father.  Something about her grade.

Then I saw 2 minutes of it again recently and it looked like her husband was now working for the US Government.

I watch soaps.  I gave up my persception of reality long ago.  However, this was a stretch for even me.

When did her husband start working for the government?  Isn't that illegal?

That would be like Bill Clinton working for Hillary (which I think this show is supposed to resemble).  

Esteemed Contributor

I think the plots they come up with are absolutely absurd.   They are so  completely outside the realm of reality they are laughable.

Honored Contributor

I like this post! I love this show and have from Day 1. I've always liked Tim Daly and love him on this show.  Smiley Very Happy

Funny thing, during the first few weeks it was on I posted how much I liked it and go so many "I hate this show" responses I had to laugh. Guess there are more fans than there used to be!

Honored Contributor

@Love my grandkids wrote:

I like this post! I love this show and have from Day 1. I've always liked Tim Daly and love him on this show.  Smiley Very Happy

Funny thing, during the first few weeks it was on I posted how much I liked it and go so many "I hate this show" responses I had to laugh. Guess there are more fans than there used to be!

I read that the main character is a very loose compilation of our 3 former female Secretarys of State ..... Madeline Albright, Condoleeza Rice and HC.    Nevertheless, I really like the degree of difficulty in coordinating agreement with different countries, cultures and egos.    I find it fascinating. 

Trusted Contributor

I am sorry to say that program to me is very borning.